Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

please recommend courier for alloys n wheels

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 12:16 AM
cindy89
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please recommend courier for alloys n wheels

hi, im selling a set of p1 oz racing alloys and tyres. i need a courier to deliver them to nothern ireland. anyone know which courier and costs? and roughly how much each tyre weighs? phone numbers of couriers, will be much appreciated. thanks in advance. cindy.
Old 28 July 2005, 09:05 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cindy89
hi, im selling a set of p1 oz racing alloys and tyres. i need a courier to deliver them to nothern ireland. anyone know which courier and costs? and roughly how much each tyre weighs? phone numbers of couriers, will be much appreciated. thanks in advance. cindy.
senditquick.com are very good though you may have to send each wheel as a separate item if a pair comes to over 30kg. Check the site
Old 28 July 2005, 10:26 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

cindy89, I just did the same thing today
4 * oz superleggeras + toyo tyres from stockport to hemel hempstead by parcel force. I was wondering how I would get them to the nearest depot for delivery, or use my local post office, but once I was on the parcel force site, I realised I could have them picked up
So, a few clicks later, and after parting with £57 (included £10 extra insurance) one hour later the parcel force guy turns up with the address labels and takes the wheels/tyres away for delivery, result
I work for royal mail, and had visions of me having to bring them into work, all bubble wrapped and heavy, but no such worry. I've just selotaped a piece of stout card to the front of the wheels, that way the driver can see what they are, and easily move them about.
Each wheel weighed 14.5kgs, not sure what size yours are, maybe a trip with one of them to the post office for weighing is called for?
Good luck anyway,
Chris.

ps, just noticed your address too, they're on there way down to your area as we type!