Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Godspeed?

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2005, 10:17 AM
K9ng
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Godspeed?

Hi new here, does anyone have an alternative contact for Ian Godney as I have been waiting 12 weeks for a brake kit that was paid for in March and have had no joy in getting a response as to when the kit will be ready considering when I ordered I was quoted a 2 week turn-around!

Any help is much appreciated.
Old 22 June 2005, 10:35 AM
Shunky
Scooby Newbie

Hola - Shunky from NPOC here,

Funnily enough I have the saem problem here, been waiting 9 weeks for my kit from Ian and despite nearly 10 promised delivery dates i sitll have nothing, he will not reply to emails nor phone calls.

Only reason i stumbled across this thread was I knew that you guys had previously bought from him.

As with the OP can anyone shed some light on how we get a hold of this guy?

Many thanks and apologies for the intrusion

Shunky
www.npoc.co.uk
Old 22 June 2005, 12:14 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Spoke to Ian earlier , K9ng , Ian said he has emailed you letting you know that he was waiting for someone he knows with a Saab the same as yours to come in to use as a guinea pig to build your kit onto it to make sure it fits as the last kit he made for this car didnt fit , the car is due back from and engine rebuild next week , I gather its sorted between you now.

Shunky
Yours is the nissan kit , the first's ones he does of a kit does take longer , sometmes much longer to make , ian has kept you informed of progress , just because its not everyday doesnt mean he's ignoring you

Last edited by awd wrx; 22 June 2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 22 June 2005, 12:19 PM
Shunky
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by awd wrx
Shunky
Yours is the nissan kit , the first's ones he does of a kit does take longer , sometmes much longer to make , ian has kept you informed of progress , just because its not everyday doesnt mean he's ignoring you
Thanks for that - however the last mail i got from Ian said it was finished and that he would despatch last Friday, now Wed and I have recieved nothing. If he hasn't finished it he should tell me.

Scratch that - he's just sent me a mail saying the brackets aren't right again! If he can't get it sorted he's giving me my monies back before he goes on Holiday on friday.
Old 23 June 2005, 09:21 PM
K9ng
Scooby Newbie

Angry

I asked for my money back and he refused and said I have to wait
for the kit as he don't want it going to waste!!

It's only been 3 months since he cashed my cheque!!
Old 24 June 2005, 08:38 AM
Si73
Scooby Regular

Spoke to Ian earlier , K9ng , Ian said he has emailed you letting you know that he was waiting for someone he knows with a Saab the same as yours to come in to use as a guinea pig to build your kit onto it to make sure it fits as the last kit he made for this car didnt fit , the car is due back from and engine rebuild next week , I gather its sorted between you now.

Shunky
But why lie about things, if you ask me some things are going on there, if he got to much work on then sure to god he should stop taking orders and get the work out that he has promised to.

It takes no time at all to reply back to people.

This are not the only people having problems and im sure there are many more.

Rant over
Old 24 June 2005, 09:35 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

K9ng - well if he's made a kit to order for you which he doesnt keep stock of , and one that he's had to design and develope what do you expect , I guess thats the only problems with one off kits , he has large stocks of subaru stuff as he does lots of them , smaller batches do take time , and if it doesn't go according to plan even longer , If the kits arnt right then its your life he's dealing with it something goes wrong , I spoke to Ian last night and he has organised the Saab in thats having an engine rebuild the day he comes back off holiday and it will be sent out to you that day , if youve waited this long , whats another week ? after all , they are worth it....
Old 24 June 2005, 05:07 PM
K9ng
Scooby Newbie

Hi AwdWrx thanks for your help I know it's not your problem just get frustrated in the way things are dealt with or not dealt with.

Waiting is not the problem, I don't like being lied to for months on end I have managed to order brakes from Kad and High Spec for my other cars in the past and hav'nt had this much hassle. I went to Godspeed because of a recomendation by someone.

Ah well the waiting game!!

K9ng - well if he's made a kit to order for you which he doesnt keep stock of , and one that he's had to design and develope what do you expect , I guess thats the only problems with one off kits , he has large stocks of subaru stuff as he does lots of them , smaller batches do take time , and if it doesn't go according to plan even longer , If the kits arnt right then its your life he's dealing with it something goes wrong , I spoke to Ian last night and he has organised the Saab in thats having an engine rebuild the day he comes back off holiday and it will be sent out to you that day , if youve waited this long , whats another week ? after all , they are worth it....
Old 24 June 2005, 06:48 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

K9ng - well if he's made a kit to order for you which he doesnt keep stock of , and one that he's had to design and develope what do you expect
Well, seeing as you stuck your head above the parapet......

If I had ordered a kit with a promised delivery time of 2 weeks, I would expect delivery in 2 weeks, not 3 months.
Moreso if I had paid up front as this chap has.

Let's face it, this is by no means the first thread of it's type.
They have been getting posted for years.
Old 25 June 2005, 03:38 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Obviously Ian is very busy these days, maybe its time to expand his business and take on more staff. I know his kits are good quality, but unfortunately it looks like he isnt able to give as much time to customer support, which is also important.
Old 27 June 2005, 09:49 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I'd just like to say that although these kits have obviously taken longer than originally intended, I have no doubt that Ian is doing the very best he can to get the job right.

I bought a 2nd hand brake kit for my Impreza. Its in a bit of a state and not really what I was expecting from the sellers description. Ian has fallen over himself in order to make it right - even though the kit is 2nd hand and not really up to him to put right.

He does seem very busy and has his hands full so I can only repeat what AWD WRX and just hang on in there.