Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

RAMsport, Ruthin, N Wales

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2005, 11:33 PM
cefski
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up RAMsport, Ruthin, N Wales

Had some dealings with RAMsport in Ruthin over the past few weeks - bought some bits from them, and they've also serviced the car for me. They've been about for a while, prepping and maintaining GpN, GpA and WRC rally cars for customers from all over the place (they had a Lancer EvoVI in from Sudan), but have only recently started mucking about with road cars. The head honcho, Rob, has worked with both Prodrive and Ralliart, apparently.

The 67.5k service was carried out by Ken Jones - a really pleasant bloke who was a mine of information. He de-mystified a lot of stuff, explaining the differences between my car and the various groups of rally machinery that I was poking my nose around. He also rectified a poorly executed geometry setup in the space of 15 or 20 minutes - without having to resort to laser jiggery-pokery - when the people who'd faffed it up in the first place (and who used to service the car) needed a separate appointment and more than likely another 120-odd-quid to sort it out. Top chap.

Hats off also to James Graham, the guy who organised everything and sorted out my mail-order brake bits and pieces a few weeks ago. I'd recommend giving him a call if you need anything for your car - from organic clutches to orange cable-ties (ahemmm ). Their prices are very competitive, and the stuff they supply is tried and tested.

It's worth booking your car in just for the chance to have a nosey 'round their workshop. You can't move for tripping over trick carbon fibre bits and pieces (for any health and safety bods reading this, that was a figure of speech ) and seeing cars actually being built by people who obviously have a passion for what they do was awe inspiring and properly eye opening. Really!!

Contact them here - http://www.ramsport.com/index.html

Wholeheartedly recommended.

Kev
Old 29 March 2005, 12:03 PM
cefski
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump.

kev