Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

this is outrageous......

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2005, 09:14 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default this is outrageous......

..i told soulgirl i wasnt happy with work done for my car br MRO in a thread in members and days later i got this reply from ron oneil from MRO
this is my original post below

got the bonnet from MRO scoobystyling.......it doesnt fit and its not symetrical and the paint has re-acted in places as well.got the front bumper from them as well, mesh stuck on upside down and back to front, was gonna get the rear bumper but i'd rather drive round with non matching ends than take the risk (conversation with solgirl)

THIS IS ROB ONEILS FROM MRO

Think Its only fair that I give the facts about this. In any case of problems, I always record dates and the nature of the problem.

The kit wes originaly purchased in june 2004 by the repair shop that was repairing crash damage under an insurance claim.
The kit was sent out and fitted by this company. Whenever a car is repaired as such, it must be up to an acceptable standard as it may be inspected by the insurance assessor. No faults were reported at this time.
A few weeks later the problem with one of the small pieces of mesh was reported by Sara, I apologised and sent a new piece out immediatley, and all was well.
In July I also painted a rear wing (not supplied by myself) for Sara, which she was initialy very happy with.
In November Sara contacted me as the wing had developed 2 indentations in each end, claiming that this was my fault, I explained that it was the wing underneath that had deformed and pulled the paint down. Anyone who is in the painting business would not dispute this.
Then I recieved a complaint that there were some small bubbles appearing on the bonnet. I accepted that they were defects in the underlying fiberglass and it would need respraying, and offered to fix and respray the bonnet, or refund the original amount that I charged for painting it in the first place, this was not satisfactory. 3 weeks later I recieved a call saying that she wasnt happy with the fit (remember, this was now 5 months after original purchase, how can it take 5 months to decide this!!)
This bonnet came out of the same mould as all the others we have sold, and weve not had a fitment problem before.
I was not willing to act on this as it had been so long, and considered it unreasonable. Sara finaly decided to take the money.

Heres a few examples of other customers bonnets.

http://www.mroscoobystyling.com/Showroom16.htm
http://www.mroscoobystyling.com/Showroom1.htm
http://www.mroscoobystyling.com/Showroom3.htm

I worked well outside our terms and conditions to try and keep the customer happy, but in the end, it was just too unreasonable.
Anyone who runs a small business will know that money goes out almost as fast as it comes in, and whilst it is very important to avoid these kind of situations, sometimes you just have to say enough is enough.

There are plenty of people on here who have been very happy with our work and service, just do a search if you would like to see.
This is all I wanted to say, please draw your own conclusions.

Originally Posted by rob oneill
Think Its only fair that I give the facts about this. In any case of problems, I always record dates and the nature of the problem.

The kit wes originaly purchased in june 2004 by the repair shop that was repairing crash damage under an insurance claim.
T
Heres a few examples of other customers bonnets.

http://www.mroscoobystyling.com/Showroom16.htm
http://www.mroscoobystyling.com/Showroom1.htm
http://www.mroscoobystyling.com/Showroom3.htm

would like to see.
This is all I wanted to say, please draw your own conclusions.

Thanks, Rob. (MRO)

THIS IS MY REPLY

the reason it took me a while to let you know i was having problems, was because i hadnt had the front panel straightened and a new wing was to go on. i did not know weather it was the bonnet or the panel causing everything to be out of line. it was pointed out to me by various SN members and when i had a proper look i could see the problem. i did not notice the paint lifting on the bonnet for some time, but it still happened.

when i contacted you about all this your solution was to send the bonnet back, but i explained i could not do this as i needed the car....i have a disabled daughter, i was hoping you would send out a new bonnet and i would return the inferior one but you would not do it..you offered me £80, which i had to accept.

the mesh was not a small problem , the grill mesh was 1 1/2" too narrow and was pointed out to me on SN when i posted pics up, another piece was upside down and back to front. yes you sent me the mesh and i had to do the grill myself, i cannot get behind the bumber to do the other bit, and why should i, i paid for a service and never got it. also when my spoiler was sent to you for spraying you returned it without the bolts it was supplied with. (we had a conversation about this)

are you saying i was being unreasonable....i was the customer

you was paid to do some work and it was fooked up, am i not entitled to be pissed off, i am sure anyone here would feel the same.
i took advise of other SN members and contacted you and i didnt even swear

i do not think a buisiness man who advertises on SN should breach customer confidentially.
i am well within my rights to discuss any work i have had done and i am not going to lie, and say i was happy with the work when i'm not, am i?

i only mentioned the company nothing personal.

I AM ALLOWED TO COME ON SN AND TALK ABOUT WHAT I THINK OF A PRODUCT I AM NOT HAPPY WITH, SO THIS IS NO DIFFERENT

Last edited by sarasquares; 20 March 2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 18 March 2005, 05:08 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

cheers for sorting it
Old 19 March 2005, 12:27 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

okay i am confused...
Old 19 March 2005, 04:53 AM
Dazza01