Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

ScoobyClinic's Rolling road

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2005, 09:33 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ScoobyClinic's Rolling road

Well, after my little episode with the judges this morning i asked my m8 if he wanted to pop along to the Clinic to veiw the new rolling road they have just had installed

Oh yes he said, so the Beast of Beeston was awoken from her slumber and fired up, much to the annoyonce of the neighbour's (now that i know it's 109.6 on the rickter scale) So, we tootle up the M1 to J29 then along the 617 and end up at the clinic were who should we see but Adam, busy printing off a receipt for yet another satisfied customer, who did use A.N.OTHER but not now
Well, he says i bet u've come to see the new toy we've had installed ya ? correct young man show me the way.
So after having a look see and a good old chinwag with Kev & some of the lads, Ad's says they need to do more testing on the rollers, where's your keys so after about 30 minutes my beast has been strapped onto the toy and so the fun begins sorry testing , well **** me loud or what, whilst on their they did a couple of runs to get her going before the power run, it was then they noticed a tiny problem with the boost as she was down on power from the last time, so as the time was getting on and they chaps chattered away amoungts themselves re the problem i needed to get home, so i readily agreed with Kev to leave the beast strapped on the road for further tweaking whilst i went home in thew Scoobyclinic Justy, never fails to put a grin on my face when i see that car.
So she's gonna be picked up 2moro afternoon in readyness for Sunday's big meet at Long Eaton then onto Chesterfield.

So a big thanks AGAIN to Kev, Adam, Pat, Andy and the 2 chaps who i believe brought the kit over to set it up for scaring me half to death with the noise and also seeing my beast go 120mph standing still and sorting out the boost problem (hopefully) and as it was a testing run they haven't charged me (unless Adam is telling porkies) for the use of their road
Old 11 February 2005, 12:38 AM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

Hi Dazza,

I was up on Tuesday and had a look at them installing said machinery and had a chat to the lads. Very impressive.

Have to say Kev was up to his ears in phone calls, as was Andy. And where was Adam......at home having the day off!!!!

Maybe see you on Sunday if I can manage to get my visa stamped from the ruling authority.

Max
Old 11 February 2005, 12:52 AM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Dazza, what can I say but f**k me the noise in there today was absolutely unbelievable!! I've not stopped grinning all night! Nice meeting you too sir, hope the boost problem is sorted for sunday! If you want me to send you any of the pics I took of the Beast of Beeston on the road send us a PM and I'll sort them out for you mate.

Adam - Looking forward to the rolling road days that the summer will undoubtedly bring!
Old 11 February 2005, 12:59 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Daft Lad
Dazza, what can I say but f**k me the noise in there today was absolutely unbelievable!!
Was a tad loud wasn't it
Old 11 February 2005, 11:39 AM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Went up yesterday too and managed to stick mine on for a quick run. Was very happy with results seeing as though it still has the 4500 RPM limiter on and only running 1 bar of boost. Something tells me its gonna be very noisy at the clinic on monday morning
Old 11 February 2005, 12:49 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Nice one, while they were palying with mine, it arribed at 284bhp running 0.95 boost, thats when they figured something was wrong so i left it with em
Old 11 February 2005, 01:37 PM
scoobydee2
Scooby Regular

Dazza - did I leave you enough petrol in the Justy, I was most upset handing the keys over.

Thanks to you and your car for an entertaining afternoon. Hope the car is better soon.

Also HUGE thanks to scoobyclinic yet again for a swift service on my car.
Old 11 February 2005, 07:55 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

and another result from the SCRR: http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...91#post4289691

(Daz- your torque figure is LOVELY - V jealous )
Old 11 February 2005, 09:10 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Just for you then Chrome mate

Loads of petrol Dee, brakes were shocking tho grinding everytime i touched em
Old 11 February 2005, 09:11 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

sweet
Old 12 February 2005, 08:54 AM