Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

dealer issue

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2005, 11:30 PM
Crossman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry dealer issue

Anyone had any issues with your Subaru Dealer? I have been told I have to be careful what I say but here are some facts

1 Collected brand new £25k WRX STI - just before driving off from dealer I thought I would ask to see the engine. Would you believe water bottle nearly empty! Pre-delivery inspection not done properly

2 Within 1 week fault with condensation in rear light. Dealer contacted and due to over 100 mile round trip they said they would fix it on 1st service. Twice more I rang to tell them about the problem and they said they could easily fix this. On the day of the service I paid £75 for the 1st service and assumed it had been fixed. Went to get the car and it was just the same! They failed to tell me it hadnt been done. They then expected to make another trip at my expense for warranty work they should have done in the fist place. They also failed to ring me when they said they would

I will never go there again. The dealer? *****************************

Last edited by Paulo P; 14 January 2005 at 11:46 PM. Reason: remove dealers name
Old 15 January 2005, 04:37 PM
Crossman
Scooby Newbie

Angry Dealer Issue

Why has someone removed the name of the dealer? Is this Web site / forum sponsored by Subaru Dealers? It seems you are allowed to criticise petrol companies and supermarkets by name but not Subaru Dealers?

Why? This smacks of big brother and censorship. I thought this was country where we had freedom of expression
Old 15 January 2005, 05:40 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ever heard of a libel case? Slander?

Scoobynet can get sued for allowing the slating of companies We have to protect ourselves
Old 15 January 2005, 05:40 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Chris

Same rules here as on the SIDC Forums mate.

Phil
Old 15 January 2005, 07:24 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Ever heard of a libel case? Slander?

Scoobynet can get sued for allowing the slating of companies We have to protect ourselves

Out of interest, why do the independent companies not get afforded the same treatment?
You occasionally see threads slating TSL, Scoobyclinic etc as well as a large number supporting them. Am I missing something?
Old 15 January 2005, 07:27 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Down to the individual companies I guess. The bigger they are the bigger their clout maybe? I know Subaru take a dim view of this though so we have to cover our backs because they chase Scoobynet unfortunately

I can't give you more of an answer than that
Old 15 January 2005, 07:29 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Thanks Paul
Old 15 January 2005, 08:11 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Crossman, can you let us know where abouts in the country your dealer is? I'm sure someone can then point you in the direction of a good one if we know roughly where you are.
Old 15 January 2005, 08:47 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Daz34
Out of interest, why do the independent companies not get afforded the same treatment?
You occasionally see threads slating TSL, Scoobyclinic etc as well as a large number supporting them. Am I missing something?
Actually they do anything we or is rtm'd that we feel may have a potential libel issue is delt with regardless of who the company is
Old 15 January 2005, 09:23 PM
Pittsey
Scooby Regular

Surely it can't be slander if you're only posting the facts and you aren't making a judgement.

I have a dealer that I'd like to warn others to stay away from, but I won't mention their name incase.

But about 4 months ago my warning light came on, I took it to PE who are local, they were extremely helpful and told me it was the cam position sensor, and didn't charge me for the diagnostics. As the car still has warrenty, I took it back to the West London Dealer I purchased the car from who told me they had changed the sensor. About a week ago the problem reoccured. I now believe that instead of changing the sensor they just cleaned it. So I've now taken it to SGT maidenhead. I can't take my car back to a garage that has misled me, I don't know what else they're cutting corners on.
Old 15 January 2005, 09:37 PM
devon03
Scooby Regular

Default praise for my dealer!

No i dont work there but Ashtons in Ashburton Devon are a top dealer in my experience
Old 15 January 2005, 09:39 PM
devon03
Scooby Regular

Default woops

Originally Posted by devon03
No i dont work there but Ashtons in Ashburton Devon are a top dealer in my experience
I meant ashburton motor co! Shame my memory aint as good as them!
Old 17 January 2005, 08:35 PM
dicky ticker
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

had similar problems with my local dealer.

only seem to be interested if they can make money out of the work.

reading this board over the years its a general trend and they all seem to have the same excuses.

try ordering something that'll cost you loads a money and see a different level of service.

cynical regards

colin
Old 18 January 2005, 12:37 PM
New_scooby_04

Wink

Originally Posted by Pittsey
Surely it can't be slander if you're only posting the facts and you aren't making a judgement.
Yes, if you can prove that what you said was based on fact or "fair comment" given the circumstances. HOWEVER, this is determined in court....who's going to pay ScoobyNet's solicitors fees? I don't think Subaru UK will have a similar problem. Have some sympathy for the poor webmaster/mods who have to pick up the pieces and deal with the fallout after you let fly!

You'd be better of going to the motoring press with such stories e.g. Autocar.

Regards