Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Front/Half cuts?

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2004, 12:14 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front/Half cuts?

Does anyone know of a reputable importer in the UK that does front or half cuts (basically a car cut off at the front bulkhead with all the mechanical bits still attached but no body panels)?

It's not actually for a Scooby and I don't want one just yet, I just want to find someone who deals with them to get an idea of price and availability.
Old 17 October 2004, 08:29 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
Does anyone know of a reputable importer in the UK that does front or half cuts (basically a car cut off at the front bulkhead with all the mechanical bits still attached but no body panels)?

It's not actually for a Scooby and I don't want one just yet, I just want to find someone who deals with them to get an idea of price and availability.
Maybee what you actually need?
Old 17 October 2004, 08:42 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasemac
Maybee what you actually need?
I agree with Jase; what you pay depends on what you want. Id forget it though; whilst half-cuts are common in Japan for the NZ market; how will you get it here? Virtually all cars come on a RORO ferry; container shipping is expensive and it has a far higher logistical overhead. Even if you want to fill a container, which Im sure you dont, you still have to arrange shipping and labour in a country where you dont speak the language and no-one speaks English.

Id speak to someone like API David who deals with this sort of kit and ships it on a regular basis. If it was easy Id be buying half cuts not complete cars in Japan.

Simon
Old 17 October 2004, 11:11 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
I agree with Jase; what you pay depends on what you want. Id forget it though; whilst half-cuts are common in Japan for the NZ market; how will you get it here? Virtually all cars come on a RORO ferry; container shipping is expensive and it has a far higher logistical overhead. Even if you want to fill a container, which Im sure you dont, you still have to arrange shipping and labour in a country where you dont speak the language and no-one speaks English.

Id speak to someone like API David who deals with this sort of kit and ships it on a regular basis. If it was easy Id be buying half cuts not complete cars in Japan.

Simon
Which is exactly why I asked if there were any UK importers that do them over here. As you say, I know they're popular in NZ/Aus, but they have the same logistical problems i.e. they have to ship them so I'm suprised no-one in the UK has thought of doing the same thing, although I suppose we share fewer models with the JDM market than the Aussies.
Old 18 October 2004, 12:32 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GC8

Simon
We CAN do this, but actually don't. That's not to say we won't, just need an order !! Last week we unloaded a complete Vers 5 STi wagon without the bodyshell. Quite often we have the chance for these but with space being at a premium we tend to load the bits we have easiest sales for.

Call me if you want an idea or a quote for a specific vehicle.

David APi Engines / APi Impreza
Old 19 October 2004, 09:35 PM
PALATINE
Scooby Regular

Location: back from, and now plotting to return to, Nordschleife

Dave
What are you after?