Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Colin Minton AKA "Rally Colin" and the team @ T.V.Motorsport...Sorted my Type R box.

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2004, 12:50 AM
Scoobnov2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Colin Minton AKA "Rally Colin" and the team @ T.V.Motorsport...Sorted my Type R box.

A big thanks and a well deserved plug for Colin and the guy's who worked on my gearbox with such efficiency and professionalism.

As many of us are, I am very particular about who works on my car and it was purely down to this that i decided to undertake the removal and re-fitting of my gearbox myself.

Turned out to be a great learning curve and an understanding of how the box,clutch and rest of the drivetrain work together giving that unmistakable Impreza drive. As I knew what the issue's were (2nd gear teeth broken and synchro's worn on all gears) I just needed someone to re-build the box with the required parts.

After making many enquiries, I decided to go with Colin which was mainly down to his approachable telephone manner and his confidence that they would be able to have my box re-built within a week or so using all the correct parts. Went down and dropped it to him and had a quick friendly chat about what I needed.

About a week later my box was ready to pick up along with a skimmed 2nd hand flywheel. Picked it up on Sat morning and installed it back into the car along with a Lateral clutch over the weekend, had a few issue's while putting it back in but Colin was more than helpfull on the phone on Sat night and assured me that If there were any problems, He would have a flatbed round on Mon morn to take the car and sort them!

The fact that he was prepared to listen to my problems on a saturday night speaks for itself in his commitment and dedication to the work he undertakes.

Well I'm glad to say that the box is in and working like new.

Very impressed with the service I recieved from Colin and would highly recommend him and the team to anyone for gearbox work.

Cheers Colin.

Anyone else had the same experience?

Last edited by Scoobnov2; 14 October 2004 at 12:54 AM.
Old 14 October 2004, 01:01 AM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a top geezer. So, now you're back up and running, how about a meet? I've got something to show you, too. (Clue: weighs just over 9lb! )
Old 14 October 2004, 01:15 AM
Scoobnov2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by SlowBoy
Sounds like a top geezer. So, now you're back up and running, how about a meet? I've got something to show you, too. (Clue: weighs just over 9lb! )
LOL!! yep...you got him reading them pace notes yet?! missus is well lookin 4ward to seein him.

Give you a call tommorow mate, got your msg but been snowed under with work...a good thing really, finished the box on Sun night and hav'nt really tested it yet so could do with a mini-meet to help lube up those new gears and the Lateral clutch our boy Franks sorted 4 me.

night mate.....oh yeah i forgot...you probably not gettin the full 6-8 hrs now....one thing I'm not lookin 4ward to in Jan!

Last edited by Scoobnov2; 14 October 2004 at 01:20 AM.
Old 14 October 2004, 01:24 AM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny thing is he's crying every couple of hours for food ...just like his old man

Spoke to Frank. They didn't have a great time at the Pod. Well it was just the getting there that was problematic. Mechanical failures and moody coppers I think it was. Speak to you tomorrow, mate.
Old 18 October 2004, 12:57 AM
SCOOBNOV
Scooby Regular

Old 18 October 2004, 06:05 PM
scoobyfury
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobnov2
Anyone else had the same experience?
Colin is the man

Mr Minton is indeed a top chap & a knowlegable bugger too !