Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Litimports/D Hendry/Motorpoint Part Ex?

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2004, 02:22 PM
lucky_strike
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litimports/D Hendry/Motorpoint Part Ex?

I'm looking at getting back into a Scooby and want the 05 STI (Euro). David Hendry or Litchfield look good but wondered if they take part ex's?

Made worse 'cos my part ex is a Civic Type R but only a couple of months old? I guess I'd be better trying to sell privately first?

Finally, I'm close to Motorpoint in Burnely and the STI's there are £21.5K plus alarm I think (although not 05's yet?), are the warranty issues now sorted as I understand they source from Malta/Cyprus which are now EU?

Cheers,
Richard.
Old 05 October 2004, 07:41 PM
The Fixer
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by lucky_strike
I'm looking at getting back into a Scooby and want the 05 STI (Euro). David Hendry or Litchfield look good but wondered if they take part ex's?

Made worse 'cos my part ex is a Civic Type R but only a couple of months old? I guess I'd be better trying to sell privately first?

Finally, I'm close to Motorpoint in Burnely and the STI's there are £21.5K plus alarm I think (although not 05's yet?), are the warranty issues now sorted as I understand they source from Malta/Cyprus which are now EU?

Cheers,
Richard.
Richard, I bought from Motorpoint and the STi's start off at £21.5 K but by the time they have finished with alarms, reg plates, trackers and other hidden items you end up at around £23.5 K. The cars are sourced from Cyprus / Malta, not sure if Subaru is yet including these in there pan European warranty, if it is then i believe the car has to be registered with a UK dealer to get on the register so to speak.

Given the choice again I would consider the following;

1. UK Model, I would of thought you could barter a UK dealer down £1500 to £23,500 for a new UK type approved car.

2. I would personally prefer the JDM spec car that Litchfield and others sell, they are better specced (JDM - Japanese Domestic Market) cars throughout compared to UK or EURO cars. The engines are better for one thing

As an example, JDM versions get rear wash wipe, tinted rear windows, DCCD on some of them, HID lights etc etc.

3. Consider buying secondhand, there have been several 03/53/04 plate STi's on here, even seen some low mileage Spec C's on the autotrader web site, various colours, UK or JDM, specced up with extras, wheels, PPP, Sat NAV, stereos etc, all hovering around the £21-£22K mark, bargain and run in / serviced for you.

Option 3 would be my call. Take a look in the for Sale Forum
Old 05 October 2004, 08:32 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

http://www.newcarsupermarket.co.uk/ £18887 for an Sti!
no idea of hidden costs etc.

0870 1296701

http://www.newcarsupermarket.co.uk/aboutus.aspx
Registered Office: Carcraft of Rochdale Limited, Nixon Street, Rochdale, Lancs OL11 3JW Company Reg No 819414

Last edited by chrome; 05 October 2004 at 08:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add car model and phone number
Old 06 October 2004, 11:10 AM
lucky_strike
Scooby Regular

Don't mentioned the JDM - that does sound appealing.

Any experience (about to search) on insurance and warranties with these (JDM)?

Thanks for the advice.
Old 08 October 2004, 08:01 PM
Tarmac Missile
Scooby Newbie

Default £18887 from the New Car Supermarket

Hi all,
having placed an order and a deposit for an MY05 Sti with these people (part of the Carcraft Group) i have today found out that the October delivery date (as promised) wont be happening.
They say:
of the 12 cars ordered only 2 sti s turned up the rest were wrx's. The 2 STi's were the Xtreme model and cant be sold to the 6 people on the waiting list ??

Also due to poor supply from subaru amongst other manufacturers their web site will soon be displaying they are closing it down and relaunching it in January when they hope to have a supply of cars stockpiled...

not sure what to do now as they say (???) they may have some Sti's in during November....

the price all in including road tax ?? £ 20 037... I have left my deposit down for now...

what do you reckon I should do ????
Old 08 October 2004, 08:18 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

damn..
might be worth a post in general RE: Carcraft

(or use the search)