Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

help anybody know

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2004, 11:49 AM
jurgen
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help anybody know

help anybody know were i can purchase 4 droplinks for a 93 wrx its failed its mot on that and the other bit of help i need i filled the tank up with normal petrol unleaded and it now says check engine light, was fine before that.
Old 21 September 2004, 03:22 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jurgen
help anybody know were i can purchase 4 droplinks for a 93 wrx its failed its mot on that and the other bit of help i need i filled the tank up with normal petrol unleaded and it now says check engine light, was fine before that.
Check engine light may be because of the lower octane level of ord U/L the ecu cannot retard the timing to cope, i believe it can "learn" to advance the timing if higher octane level fuel is used but cannot reverse likewise.does that make sense. should be a simple matter of an ecu rest at your local dealer. Sorry no idea about the droplinks!
Old 21 September 2004, 04:54 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Check engine light may be because of the lower octane level of ord U/L the ecu cannot retard the timing to cope, i believe it can "learn" to advance the timing if higher octane level fuel is used but cannot reverse likewise.does that make sense. should be a simple matter of an ecu rest at your local dealer. Sorry no idea about the droplinks!

CEL is not activated by fuel octane level, you need to check (or have it checked) to see what fault code is in there. Drop links, try a main dealer or there are various places that sell billet drop links and/or replacement bush kits.

Mike
Old 21 September 2004, 06:16 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jurgen
you have mail
Old 21 September 2004, 07:11 PM
jurgen
Scooby Newbie

i have my droplinks now, it is now off thank god. cheers

Last edited by jurgen; 09 January 2006 at 11:07 PM.