Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Stone Chip protector film, type stuff.Where?

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2004, 12:07 PM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stone Chip protector film, type stuff.Where?

I think I remember reading a post on here a short time back about some sort of see transparent covering /film to stop stone chips...??

Where is this available from, please?

Thanks

Bryan
Old 28 July 2004, 12:17 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

http://www.armourfend.com
Old 28 July 2004, 12:32 PM
megabusa
Scooby Regular

You want Paintshield, various outlets around the UK. Where are you based?

http://www.secureonlineshopping.biz/paintshield/
Old 28 July 2004, 01:13 PM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

I use this

http://www.armourfend.com

Good stuff
Old 28 July 2004, 01:15 PM
DarrenC
Scooby Regular

Or just buy the same stuff that armourfend use, 3M tape.

That is what I did, of course Armourfend buy very wide rolls, and I could only find 5", but it still worked. It was a right sh.t to fit though.

Lot cheaper too.

Good Luck
Darren
Old 28 July 2004, 01:19 PM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

You must be good with a knife!

I wouldnt like to try that, armourfend computer cut the stuff to the shape of your car. I would rather pay than try and fit it myself!
Old 28 July 2004, 02:47 PM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.

How much does it cost? to have it fitted by armourfend,
Old 28 July 2004, 03:11 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

I had Armourfend fitted to both my cars, cant recommend it enough.
Last car cost me about £460 fitted not cheap but how much does it cost to get the front end of your car resprayed every 12 months??

Dont try and fit it yourself it isnt easy
Old 28 July 2004, 04:48 PM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

cheers guys

the cars in Plymouth...or Northampton at weekends!
Old 18 August 2004, 02:08 PM
dbarr1980
Scooby Newbie

You want the armourfend on your car. I had it on my p1 and does the job brilliant.
Old 18 August 2004, 08:09 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brybusa
I think I remember reading a post on here a short time back about some sort of see transparent covering /film to stop stone chips...??

Where is this available from, please?

Thanks

Bryan
Was at the Rallyday show on saturday and was talking to a guy on the Litchfield imports stand and they have just started doing this film, it takes about 2 hrs to fit and costs £450 for a Scooby.
Old 18 August 2004, 08:14 PM
megabusa
Scooby Regular

That'll be PaintShield, www.paintshield.co.uk
Very good stuff indeed, I am having it on my car very soon (once I have had the bumper resprayed due to stonechips )
Old 18 August 2004, 09:16 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by megabusa
That'll be PaintShield, www.paintshield.co.uk
Very good stuff indeed, I am having it on my car very soon (once I have had the bumper resprayed due to stonechips )
Yes your right there, just found the leaflet they gave me
Old 23 August 2004, 09:42 PM
dbarr1980
Scooby Newbie

The difference between armourfend and paintshield is armourfend will do your front bumper in 1 piece and paintshield do it in about 4 pieces and their kits are'nt cut as well because there kits are from an american market personally i would pay a little extra for the right job from armourfend as i have seen some of paintshilds work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope this helps
Old 23 August 2004, 11:10 PM
dlynch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dbarr1980
The difference between armourfend and paintshield is armourfend will do your front bumper in 1 piece and paintshield do it in about 4 pieces and their kits are'nt cut as well because there kits are from an american market personally i would pay a little extra for the right job from armourfend as i have seen some of paintshilds work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope this helps
Hmm was thinking about Paintshield but you kinda put me off now, could do with with some more opinions on the subject before making my mind up... Anyone ?

I definately dont want lots of timy pieces all together maing one complex jigsaw.
Old 24 August 2004, 08:22 AM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Can't comment on paint shields work, but armourfend cutomer service and support is seriously good.

I was in there yesterday for a 10 minute job, then spent an hour chatting to the owner about bikes, v8 pick up trucks, and woman In that order lol
Old 24 August 2004, 11:28 AM
Paintshield Ltd
Scooby Newbie

Hi Guys just need to correct this

Our Scooby Bumpers are ONE piece

I have no idea where the four piece idea came from, you can see the bumper on the XPEL website for the WRX STI www.xpel.com

Go to subaru and pull down the picture for the wrx bumper you will see it is one piece.

The Bonnet wing ends and mirrors are obviously seperate pieces (as are armourfends) you can see my scooby on our website in the gallery)

"not an advert just a correction"

Best Wishes

Tom
Old 24 August 2004, 11:25 PM
Paintshield Ltd
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by dbarr1980
Hi Derek how are things at Diamond window tint in Glasgow?

This kit has been fully tested in the UK and Litchfield Imports sell them and I think everyone would agree they are pretty knowledgable about Scoobies.

I cannot imagine them selling anything that would not fit.

The fact is our bumper is One piece as I said earlier, the Fog apertures and splitter pieces are seperate, however common sense will indicate these pieces need to be seperate in order to be able to fit remove both the splitter and or the Fog lamp covers if and when required.

As for developed for the American market, the truth is most players in this market, have a global coverage to some extent now and to sell products, one needs design capabilities in Europe, the US, South Africa and Australia. Bobs company for example has a healthy market in the US but he is based here in the UK he adapts designs for the US market as there are differences clearly between the two markets. Mind you there are not as many as you would think these days.

As for better cut I really do not know how you can say that as you have yet to obtain a kit from us or JW Green (Glasgow) as far as I am aware. XPEL are the largest player in the world in PPF I do not think they got there by producing poor work. Also to my knowledge you have not seen any of our work apart from our Subaru Demonstrator which has been to many manufacturers and corporate fleet owners and several shows and has never failed to impress.

I would also like to apologise to the Moderators and Admins as well as the members for having to do this however I hope you will understand that I have to defend my company from an unjustified attack on its designs and products especially when coming from a competitors dealer.

Best Wishes to all

Tom (Proud Scooby driver) Wakeford
Old 25 August 2004, 09:01 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

The fact is our bumper is One piece as I said earlier, the Fog apertures and splitter pieces are seperate, however common sense will indicate these pieces need to be seperate in order to be able to fit remove both the splitter and or the Fog lamp covers if and when required.
The Armorfend I have had fitted is the same, the front bumper is one piece, but the lower lip is also one piece and obviuosly seperate pieces for foglamp covers etc.
Hope this helps
Old 27 August 2004, 01:45 PM
dbarr1980
Scooby Newbie

Think you may have the wrong person here!!!!!
Old 27 August 2004, 02:06 PM
Paintshield Ltd
Scooby Newbie

MMM I Dont think so Derek

We had a Derek Barr From Glasgow come to our training facility who was very knowledgable about armourfend and who shares your date of birth.

If you are not him how would you know about the cut of the kits (industry terminology) only installers use this wording. The US connection? as well as the fact you claim to have seen our work? I would love to hear that explained.

You were explicit about your supposed knowledge of our product and we know where every product goes due to the warranty forms (four year warranty requires the Vehicle Vin number and Customer details in every case). I can state categorically that you have never had one of our products!

Therefore either you are who I believe you to be, or you have deliberately tried to mislead people as to your knowledge of our product.

I am sure everyone would love to know which.

Tom Wakeford
Old 27 August 2004, 02:08 PM
Paintshield Ltd
Scooby Newbie

BTW its Paintshield not paintshiild
Old 06 September 2004, 02:16 PM
Paintshield Ltd
Scooby Newbie

As there has been discussions on here about our product

Just a heads up, following requests from STI owners we have just completed designs on lower door guards, both doors from the flare line to the bottom

And an exterior sill rocker panel combo to protect this piece if you dont have mud flaps or do not like them.

Certainly on My WRX they are a requirement if you go hard on gravel roads etc as we all know they get thrashed.

Best Wishes

Tom
Old 06 September 2004, 03:27 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Tom

do you make an exterior sill rocker panel combo to protect this piece and a lower door piece for an MY02STI??
Can you mail me the details mate??
Old 06 September 2004, 05:24 PM
Paintshield Ltd
Scooby Newbie

Hi Rasher

Get the car to us for a day we can make anything mate :P

Best Wishes

Tom
Old 06 September 2004, 05:26 PM
Paintshield Ltd
Scooby Newbie

Talking

Originally Posted by Rasher
Tom

do you make an exterior sill rocker panel combo to protect this piece and a lower door piece for an MY02STI??
Can you mail me the details mate??
The car we have just done is a 53 plate wrx Sti by the way so current model

Anything that shares the doors and rockerpanels with the STI from last Year will work on this, I have yet to go through the models and ascertain where the parts work across the range.

Best Wishes

Tom
Old 06 September 2004, 08:54 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,
Thank you for your help to the community in straightening out some of the misconceptions about your products.

But can I ask that you refrain from advertising your products in the Forums.
It is the advertisers that keep this site going, so allowing anyone to advertise ***** nilly doesn't go down too well. I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

If you wish to advertise speak to the Webmaster and I'm sure he will be able to help.
The Scoobyshop basic package is FREE
See here: http://shop.scoobynet.co.uk/vendors/info.asp

Thanks,

AFAIK the MY01-04 STIs all use the same sills, as do the MY01-04 WRXs. Obviously the doors are the same on all
Old 16 November 2005, 11:11 AM
Paintshield Ltd
Scooby Newbie

Hi Dyney sorry about that got a bit carried away would have replied sooner but lost my login and Password would be happy to advertise but as I am something of a simpleton am having some difficulties in figuring out how to do this in the Scoobyshop site can someone drop me an e-mail or give me a call on 01476 592777 and we can sort something out

Best Wishes

Tom Wakeford

Originally Posted by Dyney
Tom,
Thank you for your help to the community in straightening out some of the misconceptions about your products.

But can I ask that you refrain from advertising your products in the Forums.
It is the advertisers that keep this site going, so allowing anyone to advertise ***** nilly doesn't go down too well. I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

If you wish to advertise speak to the Webmaster and I'm sure he will be able to help.
The Scoobyshop basic package is FREE
See here: http://shop.scoobynet.co.uk/vendors/info.asp

Thanks,

AFAIK the MY01-04 STIs all use the same sills, as do the MY01-04 WRXs. Obviously the doors are the same on all