Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Strut Brace Help ??

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2004, 01:49 AM
D19 STE
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Strut Brace Help ??

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with what type of strut brace to buy for the STi WRX 03 model, I am looking for a front and rear one also were to buy from too?

I dont own a subaru myself as this is for my cosin that doesnt have any internet access so any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve
Old 18 July 2004, 03:17 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

He could do a lot worse than TSL

I would however question his reasoning for bracing. The chassis on new-age Imprezas is extremely rigid and only benefits from strut braces if the suspension set-up is very stiff. If he already has stiff springs and uprated ARB's then he may get some benefit, otherwise he's just wasting money.

If the other mods aren't in place consider the Prodrive (or Eibach, cheaper but nearly as good) springs, then add front and rear solid droplinks and a good geometry set-up. See how he likes it and if he still wants it stiffer then add Whiteline ARB's and consider the bracing last.

All IMHO of course. It's his money.
Old 18 July 2004, 09:53 AM
D19 STE
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by corradoboy
He could do a lot worse than TSL

I would however question his reasoning for bracing. The chassis on new-age Imprezas is extremely rigid and only benefits from strut braces if the suspension set-up is very stiff. If he already has stiff springs and uprated ARB's then he may get some benefit, otherwise he's just wasting money.

If the other mods aren't in place consider the Prodrive (or Eibach, cheaper but nearly as good) springs, then add front and rear solid droplinks and a good geometry set-up. See how he likes it and if he still wants it stiffer then add Whiteline ARB's and consider the bracing last.

All IMHO of course. It's his money.
Thanks for your advice I will tell him this
Old 18 July 2004, 03:52 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Also worth bearing in mind that the rear strut braces are a pig to fit as the rear seats have to be removed, plus there is an upper and lower brace, so double the expense where the other mods I suggested would reap bigger benefit from minimal (DIY possible) effort and expense.
Old 18 July 2004, 09:01 PM
D19 STE
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Also worth bearing in mind that the rear strut braces are a pig to fit as the rear seats have to be removed, plus there is an upper and lower brace, so double the expense where the other mods I suggested would reap bigger benefit from minimal (DIY possible) effort and expense.
Cheers, dont think he will want to do that somehow
Old 18 July 2004, 09:37 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

try japanparts.com
martin