Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Greersport....what you got to say about them ?

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2004, 07:39 PM
S7EV3N
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greersport....what you got to say about them ?

Im collecting my Scooby tomorrow and was planning to get any work that needs to be done on the car carried out at Greersport in Glengarnock.........Is this a good idea....or can you recommend someone else in west of scotland.

Also struggling to find contact details for above. I was in the Lochshore ind est looking for it today and couldnt find it.......Where is it exactly and what is the phone no ? Could it now be going under the name Burnhouse motorsport ?
Old 20 June 2004, 12:35 AM
ANDYUK300
Scooby Regular

had work done on my classic wrx and uk300 by them and no complaints whatsoever. now have jdm sti9 which i will take there for services when needed.
have contact details but not to hand, best thing to do is call directory enquiries or go on the scotland forum and post msg FAO sti-spec-a. As he works for them.

andy
Old 21 June 2004, 11:25 PM
S7EV3N
Scooby Regular

Thanks or the help Andy.....I had another check to day and found it en route to work. Ill pop in and speak to them at some point.
Old 23 June 2004, 09:12 AM
bladerider
Scooby Regular

Bill Greer, and his boys Alan and Colin, are a great bunch of guys. They will often go out of their way to help. One time when my fuel pump went kaput, The RAC were uplifting the car. I phoned Bill, he said he'd keep the place open till I get there. Nearly midnight when we turned up. Can you think of anywhere else that would do this?
I could go on for ages about the stories where Bill has done great work for me and has cost me much less than I expected. Speaking from personal experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Greersport, I wouldn't take my car anywhere else.
Old 23 June 2004, 02:15 PM
allywrx
Scooby Regular

I can't reccomend them highly enough, they do a great job for a good price and as bladerider said, do go out of their way to help you out.
Stayed open on a Friday night so that I could collect my car after I missed the train from my work in Glasgow
Its a good 20 miles from where I live in Ayr, but after the horrific service I recieved from my local main dealer, it was well worth the trip
Old 23 June 2004, 03:26 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Would never use them again after booking in with them for fitting of some performance parts then turning up at the agreed time only to find the place closed.I recieved no explaination as to why this happened and no appology. I have heard other horror stories about them since!!

Use Kenny Brown in Hillington,100% better.
Old 23 June 2004, 11:11 PM
S7EV3N
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmm......confusing !!!!!!