Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Cheltenham Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2004, 03:16 PM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheltenham Subaru

Anybody fancy sharing their experiences of Subaru Cheltenham?
Old 09 June 2004, 03:34 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

I use them for servicing, but only for convience. Never exactly instilled me with confidence. Think I might go to Cirencester for my next service. (and ultimately Powerstation when my warranty expires)

Pisses me off that I have to go into the MG Rover section to see the "service adviser". (and drive the nasty Rover 25 courtesy cars)
Old 09 June 2004, 03:43 PM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Talking

No, not a Rover 25.

Interesting to know that you aren't that impressed with their knowledge.

Anymore gossip to push or pull me from Cheltenham.

Cheltenham 0 - 1 Other Subaru Garage
Old 09 June 2004, 04:40 PM
Johnny sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1 Bro
No, not a Rover 25.

Interesting to know that you aren't that impressed with their knowledge.

Anymore gossip to push or pull me from Cheltenham.

Cheltenham 0 - 1 Other Subaru Garage

If your looking to go to Ciren you may aswell go a little further through Ashton Keynes up through Mintey and into Malmesbury and see David Hendry Cars. They are very good.

Johnny
Old 09 June 2004, 05:12 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Thanks Johnny,

Unfortunately I have a Subaru warranty to maintain for another year and a bit so an independent like Dave Hendry Cars isn't much use to me yet

Graz
Old 09 June 2004, 05:16 PM
Garion
Scooby Regular

Anybody fancy sharing their experiences of Subaru Cheltenham?
Had 1 service at chelt, service itself was very good but 2 things put me off
ever going there again. First i got a small scratch on my door due to all the
cars being crammed in the corner of the car park & second as i got in my car to
leave saw one of the car valeters wheel spin a car across the yard into the garage !!!

needless to say ive been going to TH White in ciren ever since, excellant service there...
Old 09 June 2004, 06:31 PM
blip
Scooby Regular

Don't know about servicing at Cheltenham but they managed to put me off buying a Scoob from them

Bought my WRX at TH Whites in Ciren in the end. Excellent service both before AND after the sale. Highly recommended
Old 09 June 2004, 07:18 PM
ronny555
Scooby Regular

Wink

Do Not Touch With BargePole - They are rover dealers with bugger all experience of Subaru's.

Ripped me off once - never again.
Old 09 June 2004, 07:23 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I once tried them. Never again. Bunch of unhelpful muppets. Couldn't even find out about the MY99 alarm shielding (i had warranty). Only went there because its near work. Went back to my usual dealer and the sorted the alarm there and then.
Old 09 June 2004, 10:39 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Actually the more I think about it they have been pretty useless.

I went to see them first when I was after a Scooby (used). Got a test drive in a white one they had which I said at the time I had no intention of buying, wanted a red or blue one, but I did want to drive one to see if it was comfortable (I'm 6ft3). Anyway test drive was okay, went in and talked through how much I wanted to spend etc. No problem sir we will find a car for you. Heard nothing after that. They obviously didn't want my money so I went elsewhere.

30k service - went to pick it up, sorry sir we were unable to do your gearbox oil as we have run out It's a five minute job, drop by at your convienence when we have some more oil in. Fair enough. Rang them the following week, said I would drop by on my lunch break at 12:30. Anyway to cut a long story short I was waiting the best part of two hours and to cap it all the service adviser that was dealing it went out to lunch leaving me sitting around waiting.

Had the drivers side window replaced under warranty due to it getting scratched, they didn't fix the door card back properly, some clips missing, took two goes to get that one sorted.

As for the service advisers, I know more about Subarus than they do and thats not saying much.

I have now convinced myself to go to TH White for my next service

The Cheltenham dealership are convienient for me and cheaper than some dealers, but like I said earlier I have little confidence in their abilities.
Old 10 June 2004, 08:49 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Thanks to you all for you little horror stories.

Surely someone has something good to say??????
Old 10 June 2004, 09:24 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Thanks to you all for you little horror stories.

Surely someone has something good to say??????
I wouldn't hold your breath
Old 10 June 2004, 09:44 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Thanks again to you all. It is so interesting to see what people really think.
Old 10 June 2004, 09:49 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt go there with a mini never mind my Subaru, I did try them once and was appauled by the service I recieved.

Went in for new turbo to be fitted and a service, told them dont take it out at high boost cause it has not been mapped (I have link fitted). Curtosy car was absolulty filthy and hardly any petrol (good job I had a fiver in my pocket to get me back to work!) They said, "can you wait and we will clean it inside and out for you." Excuse me but this should have been done BEFORE I got it! also the fact I get paid by the hour ment I had to get backl to work ASAP.

So anyway, expecting the car back that afternoon I get a phone call about 4pm saying that they havent got the turbo gaskets in and I will have to wait!! Even though I had arranged for it to be fitted a week previous.

Nothing I could do so said yea ok. I turn up the next day after having to phone them to see if it was finished and get told by the girl at the desk (after waiting there for 50mis) that there had been a few things that need to be pointed out to me, this was after they were trying to charge me for bits that hadn't been used (spark plugs, washer fluid, oil etc). Apparntly the gearbox mount had snapped and will need replacing (?!!?) they had no new turbo oil feed washer/gasket thingys so had to use the old ones (YOU FUC*ING WHAT!) so it was slowly leaking oil on the turbo, which I should get looked at. I got the mechanic who worked on it to show me the gearbox mount problem (a lad of no more than 18) which turned out to be the EXHUAST MOUNT!! muppets. I also pulled up the peak boost on the Defi gauge which showed he had taken it out and given it 1.1 bar!!!! I asked him why he had used so much boost when I asked it to be used on low boost.

The reply I recieved was "how do I adjust it?" ARGRGRGRGRGRGGRHH!!

I asked to see the manager at this point who tried to say that is was over boost. " I have worked at Prodrive and I know what I am talking about etc etc". He didn't even uderstand that I had the link, a reprogrammable ECU that it was designed to go up to 1.3bar Got no joy at all so told him exactly what I thought of him and the service I had recived and left.

My opinion - Complete muppets that do not know what they are doing and just want your money. DONT EVER GO THERE!!!
Old 10 June 2004, 10:09 AM
MattyB
Scooby Regular

The worst of the worst. I stick my v's up at them every time I drive past. They have NO idea what they are doing. Wouldn't even buy a touch up stick from them. NEVER use them, not even for convinience.

*****, Tw@ts and other nasty things.
Old 10 June 2004, 11:26 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Wow, I'm starting to get really worried now.

Ordered a car from them... guess I will be taking it elsewhere for its service!!
Old 10 June 2004, 12:21 PM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Maybe Subaru Cheltenham might like to put a post in for their defense as I'm sure they view the board to see what folks are saying?????????
Old 10 June 2004, 12:54 PM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have no defense for their complete lack of customer sercive and general incompatance.
Old 10 June 2004, 01:48 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Maybe Subaru Cheltenham might like to put a post in for their defense as I'm sure they view the board to see what folks are saying?????????
I doubt it somehow. If they did they might be more knowledgable.

What they and probably some other dealerships have got to realise is that the Impreaza has a massive cult following and there are vast amounts of information available to the enthusiast on the 'net. So most of the time we do know what we are talking about and hate being treated like idiots who know nothing about cars.

At the other extreme I went to Powerstation to have geometry and bumpsteer mod done and was talked through every stage of the process, what they were doing, why they were doing it, what effect it would have on the handling, etc. Absolutely brilliant, that's what it should be like

But hey if they want to comment on this thread I would love to hear it
Old 12 June 2004, 12:06 AM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

T H White, Cirencester - or Simpsons of Highworth. Have had good service from both.

CDB in Cheltenham are a bunch of useless muppets, as has been said enough already.

Avoid, avoid, avoid....
Old 13 June 2004, 04:15 PM
Scooby Drew
Scooby Regular

The dealer in Cheltenham is complete sh1te

Popped in there with my dad (he was impressed with my scoob so wanted to get one), the sales people just ignored us and carried on eating their big mac's

The parts department wouldn't sell me touch-up paint because they said "the sonic blue of my import was different to that of the UK cars"

Go to T H White's - completly different attitude towards all thing scoob