Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Scoobysport casualty

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2004, 03:22 PM
coombmr
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Scoobysport casualty

My Scoob is still locked up inside Scoobysport's old premises. I hope to get it back soon but the Bailif fellas tell me it's undriveable, I think Craig ruined a headgasket when he put it back together after a previous (paid for) piston replacement. I've been quoted about £800 to sort it out. As I'm suffering a loss would I be able to claim on fully comp Insurance?
Old 13 April 2004, 03:25 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coombmr
My Scoob is still locked up inside Scoobysport's old premises. I hope to get it back soon but the Bailif fellas tell me it's undriveable, I think Craig ruined a headgasket when he put it back together after a previous (paid for) piston replacement. I've been quoted about £800 to sort it out. As I'm suffering a loss would I be able to claim on fully comp Insurance?
I think I'd be trying to get it back ASAP......you don't want your Scoob getting involved in any liquidation.
Old 13 April 2004, 03:30 PM
coombmr
Scooby Newbie

The shutter has been bolted shut and the Locks changed, I've got to wait for a Bloke from Bournemouth to come up on Friday with the keys.
Old 13 April 2004, 03:41 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a trailer and get it out ASAP. Keep an accurate record of its condition and repair costs.
Also keep ANY previous documentation safely.
You have a claim against the partners of the business, assuming they/he were trading as sole trader(s) as they/he was 12mths ago. So then it depends on his/their bank balances, assets, house(s), chatels etc.
Does not sound good for you and it will depend on the intentions of the parner(s) and their actions prior to closure.
You should discuss your experiences with the official receiver and ask for his assessment.
Old 13 April 2004, 03:57 PM
CustomScoobyIOM
Scooby Regular

Get a trailer and get it out ASAP. Keep an accurate record of its condition and repair costs.
Also keep ANY previous documentation safely.
You have a claim against the partners of the business, assuming they/he were trading as sole trader(s) as they/he was 12mths ago. So then it depends on his/their bank balances, assets, house(s), chatels etc.
Does not sound good for you and it will depend on the intentions of the parner(s) and their actions prior to closure.
You should discuss your experiences with the official receiver and ask for his assessment.
As Harvey says get it and get it quick. I had the same problem when Impreziv went under.

Speak to the recievers, even if it isnt driveable, you can get the car legally I am sure. I did.
Old 13 April 2004, 03:58 PM
coombmr
Scooby Newbie

The receivers don't think there's enough recoverable assets to pay the outstanding rent.
Old 13 April 2004, 04:15 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Christ that is terrible news, you must be going up the wall. If my car was locked up in SS garage I'd be down the nearest hire shop getting a blow torch and taking back what is mine.
Unbelievable that they would take on work knowing full well that the final curtain was imminent...

Trending Topics

Old 13 April 2004, 04:31 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

ill agree with that
Old 13 April 2004, 04:33 PM
SomeDude
Scooby Regular

Simon, any comment (apart from being abroad ?)

I almost have to puke saying the same thing as Harvey

FFS, get this sorted. Now !!!
Old 13 April 2004, 04:36 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SomeDude
Simon, any comment (apart from being abroad ?)

I almost have to puke saying the same thing as Harvey

FFS, get this sorted. Now !!!
To be fair, this is NOT Simon's problem - the existing company has gone into liquidation. Any new company would have no financial responsibility to the old company as I understand these things.
Old 13 April 2004, 04:50 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Any new company bearing the name would however have some baggage relating to the old failed company to carry though wouldn't it. As I said on another thread it's the last place I'd use.
Old 13 April 2004, 04:59 PM
coombmr
Scooby Newbie

It goes without saying that I won't let them at my car again in whatever guise they resurface, unless it's FOC.
Old 13 April 2004, 05:11 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Unhappy

Not very impressed with a few things ive read about scoobysport going under. Surely the owner knew that time was up for the company and could at least have contacted the peops that have cars on site and let them know to collect?

And unless im mistaken, i havent seen any official comment from the old scoobysport team as to why they have gone under and whats happening to parts ordered and paid for, would think a simple posting would have been made by now seeing as many people on here bought their parts, or have i missed it?
Old 13 April 2004, 05:14 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

SomeDude: Why would anybody with only a basic commercial knowledge or even just a modicum of common sense consider this was a lawyer situation?

What SDB does with S/Net is up to him, it is his train set. I don't see the business logic personally but I can sling my hook anytime I want. Not my problem.

It is necessary to understand the difference between a name, which someone might put a value on,(ie an asset) even if badly tarnished, and a company which has limited liability but must operate within a prescribed framework ie The Companies Act and then a partnership or sole trader senario. For the last two the liability rests with the partners/partner and sometimes insolvency ends in bankruptcy and that is another topic on its own.

So until such time it is determined in what form S/Sport /Croney was trading, a lot of what is being said on here is irrelevant conjecture. The people in the driving seat are the creditors.
Old 13 April 2004, 05:20 PM
SomeDude
Scooby Regular

Why would anybody with only a basic commercial knowledge or even just a modicum of common sense consider this was a lawyer situation?
Because, my dear old, condescending, not so clued up, friend, people are getting shafted in the process.

Is this really too hard for you to grasp, knighted or not ? FFS ?

Why don't you just step back for a while, eh ? Can you spell Ralph N. yet ? Didn't think so

This is about genuine people Harvey, not people like you. I do hope they will get their money back, but with sharks like you in the background, it will be a f*cking close call.

Ta
Old 13 April 2004, 05:31 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

bitchy
Old 13 April 2004, 05:34 PM
SomeDude
Scooby Regular

Nah Hows yer rollcage ?
Old 13 April 2004, 05:35 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Theo:How am I a shark.Don't bother trying to explain as your brain is still fuddled and needs transplanting.
I am totally against anybody being ripped off. You look like pretty sad case to quite a few people.
Old 13 April 2004, 05:45 PM
SomeDude
Scooby Regular

Harvey, this is not about us. If you want to play "big guy", you had mail.

Let's concentrate on the real victims, not on your ego
Old 13 April 2004, 05:54 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Your logic defies belief.
This guy is one feather short of a duck.
Old 13 April 2004, 05:54 PM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Need to come together on this rather than bickering......

The cause of action is to register with the Official Receiver on 01702 602570, usually followed by you writing a confirmation letter.

You will then be talked through the process, which may take sometime. Though for those with their cars in there, do not break in etc. This is an illegal act, instead wait for the official process.

As for SdB, as Harvey said "his trainset"; though many others will be buying what assets are available & that money will go towards any CREDITORS.

The OR's can also answer your questions about is the company LTD or NOT.

I had posted the answer though it seems the thread was deleted Once again go through the Official Receivers
Old 13 April 2004, 05:57 PM
SomeDude
Scooby Regular

Sorry dude, mail. Can't do any better than that. Mods, feel free to remove.
Old 13 April 2004, 05:59 PM
SomeDude
Scooby Regular

Sorry Xtreme, good advice. Crossposted <shame smiley>
Old 13 April 2004, 06:04 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

I've been doing some checking for you.

There is a sole trader called Pete Croney trading as Scoobysport. Also there is a limited company called Scoobysport Ltd. Reg number 04481297 their description is "sporting activities". They registered on 09/07/02 & the registered office is an Accountants in Southend-on-sea. This company is active - ie not in liquidation. It's possible or likely that it's connected with Scobbysport in some way.

Anyone with recent bills from Scoobysport can tell whether they have been invoiced by the limited company or not. It's possible that Pete Croney may have set up a limited company 2 years ago to protect his assets. If Scoobysport is nothing to do with Pete, I would have expected legal action between them.

Now about your car. It is your property. Scoobysport have no right to keep the car neither does the liquidator. At worst, they can bill you for work in progress.

YOU MUST DO THIS IMMEDIATELY.

Find the name & address of the liquidator. Write a letter to them stating that you own the car & enclose a copy of the registration document as evidence. INSIST that it is returned immediately otherwise you will seek damages. Tell them you will instruct a solicitor in 3 days AND DO IT! Deliver this letter to the liquidator on site by hand. Send it by special delivery to the liquidators offices.
At worst, they will want paying for the work carried out so far. They have a legal right to keep the car if you do not pay any bill.
Old 13 April 2004, 06:21 PM
uk95scooby
Scooby Regular

Default Sunning himself

No posts from simon i see !!

Going bust does not happen over night !! He knew what he was doing when he took our money.

I seem to remember a post saying " End of an era" Scoobysport ceased trading today.....

Great post ! not !

*Edited to remove liabel content*

Last edited by ex-webby; 13 April 2004 at 08:12 PM.
Old 13 April 2004, 06:22 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by uk95scooby
No posts from simon i see !! Where is my exhaust To$$er !! he's proberbly drinking with my money on a beach.
Again, to be fair, Simon had nothing to do with ScoobySport.
It is Pete Croney who ran it.
Old 13 April 2004, 06:24 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Just to clear something up that is causing confusion.

The name "Scoobysport" and the right to use that name along with any associated web url's are the only items that have been purchased from the receivers. I feel greatly for the people that are on the creditors list, but this part is still to be directed and communicated via the official receivers. If anybody has any call on queries as regards monies or property connected with the original forementioned Scoobysport company I would strongly suggest you contact the official receivers in the first instance.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 13 April 2004, 06:26 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

unless your not serious in your post, i dont think its in anybodys interest calling simon a to$$er. From what ive read, simon is in a team thats looking into rescuing in some sort of way the name scoobysport or the premisis itself (?). I have not seen simons name connected with the old management and dont believe it is. All IMHO from what ive read on here.
Old 13 April 2004, 06:35 PM
uk95scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imlach
Again, to be fair, Simon had nothing to do with ScoobySport.
It is Pete Croney who ran it.
So why doesnt he step forward and answer some questions ? he was quick enough to be part of scoobysport when taking our money !! why are people still sticking up for them ......ohh forget it they can stick the exhaust up there ar*e !!! you have to learn from your mistakes. 300 quid lesson though....

*Edited to remove lible content*

Last edited by ex-webby; 13 April 2004 at 08:13 PM.
Old 13 April 2004, 06:37 PM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am very suprised of whats going on ere, as people have stated someone must of known SS was in trouble and should have stopped taking funds and working on cars.
I feel very sorry for people caught up in this, but AFAIK Simon has nothing to do with the old SS so you can't blame him.
But it seems strange to me why the SS name is being used again, or am I missing something ere??

Quick Reply: Scoobysport casualty