Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Zubimotors

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2004, 10:56 PM
scoobywrx_uk
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi looking at buying a wrx from here, Has anyone bought from here?? What are they like??
Old 05 February 2004, 04:15 PM
scoobywrx_uk
Scooby Newbie

???
Old 08 February 2004, 06:05 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

Dunno about their service, but they're rip-offs IMHO.....
Old 09 February 2004, 03:34 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

*Sharp intake of breathe through the teeth*

No judgement, but this is what I know of them with no lies or bs!!!

We went to the Zubimotors which was then in Kingston (although they are not there now!!) although they have a sister branch in New Malden area I think!

A work colleague wanted an Impreza so we went to have a look.

The car was a MY93 WRX, some minor bodywork imperfections and a very, very clean engine bay.

We drove up to Tolworth and down the A3 towards the M25. The car seemed down on power and did not pull nicely at all. Just past the Hinchley Wood turn off the temperature gauge started to rise. The 'salesman' told us this was normal!!! We pull off at Esher as the gauge was as high as it would go. We pull over and open the bonnet.

There was coolant all over the engine bay. (someone had steam cleaned it before when it had happened)

He was muttering about getting the mechanic to fix it and we would get a call when he had. Funnily enough we never heard from him again!

As a side issue I was telling him what caused the problem and what the fixes were, but I think he was too embarassed to listen! I don't think he expected to be confronted by a full on Subaru geek!!

Basically there was quite a major problem with the car, it had been driven hard and the cooling system was not working correctly, which would mean the turbo wasn't getting any coolant as well! I dare say the new owner would probably need a new turbo or engine rebuild by now!

Personally I would not use them. I would rather buy privately, rather than use them!!

Last edited by Andy Tang; 09 February 2004 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09 February 2004, 05:45 PM
scoobywrx_uk
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

thanks for that !!!