Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Subaru , BMW, Honda

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2003, 06:21 PM
DorsetJim
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

First of all hello to everyone I've been reading the forums for a few months after wanting to own a scoob.

Basically when I hit 21 i'm going to be looking at changing my car. I've been looking at the Impreza (2000 classic, or 2001 bugeye) Bmw 320i,323i, or Civic Type R.
Looking at spending £14k Max, and finding it quite hard to make a decision. I know it's a bit stupid coming on a subaru forum asking which to go for, but i'm sure there are plenty of people with previous experience with these cars

A few things worrying me about the Subaru, is the bad image they seem to be getting recently, i.e with all the theiving and carjacking i've been reading. One thing i wouldn't want to happen is get my scoob and then be forced out of it at knife point
I live in Dorset/somerset area and i wouldnt call it a high risk area.
Also what's an average yearly cost on a subaru. I'd be using it for buisness and clock up around 14k a year. I wouldn't modify it performance wise, maybe some bigger wheels but that'd be it.

All views welcome

Old 04 November 2003, 01:00 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, I'd definately reccommend that you contact some insurance companies to see how much, in fact "IF" they will insure you for such a vehicle, better than buying the car and then finding out you cannot get insurance cover for it. It may cost as much as the car value to insure.
Old 04 November 2003, 09:26 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Servicing wise, you're quite lucky in that Vales are in Yeovil, so they can't be very far from you, I've used them many times and have always been happy.
Insurance will be an issue, so will what you do for a living, as that changes the insurance.
BMW is likely to cost more to service, but may have a better all over image, unless you want to impress the kids in your area, they love Impreza's, hopefully not toooo much!!

Good luck!