Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Dec 99 Turbo 2000 - Whats it worth???

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2003, 04:40 AM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Thinking of buying a new 03/04 Scooby but wonder whats mine worth?.

Dec 99 2000 Mdl Green Turbo 2000 saloon 2 owners Good Condition Full Main Dealer History RAC Tracker Cat 1 alarm £1200 ICE 100000 miles and never missed a beat No mods its as it come out the factory apart from refurbed wheels with Continentials.

I might keep it when I get the new one and carry on running it as the daily but wonder what its worth out there.

Any one got a view????
Old 05 October 2003, 11:57 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Talking

Fellow 99`er (with a flake)..
two main considerations methinks..
1) mileage is a bit steep, some people will be a bit put off.
2) the chunk of ICE you`ve got might well offset this but you might be better selling extras seperately.

Then comes the controversial bit about price.
Many on here will have you believe that the scoob is a worthless ex-icon thats been devalued as a marque etc etc etc.
horse-****,
They still hold good value privately (just not on here or at the dealers), look in the trader and jap car mags for a guide.
put it up for £10k privately and maybe accept and offer up to £500 below this..?
Dealer will prolly offer you 7-8.5k, on here it`ll go for scrap
hope to have helped, but its all opinion

Andy
Old 05 October 2003, 12:50 PM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

Peanuts,

Cheers for your views, my cars tend to get well used but serviced on the nail and the Scooby has been great.

One of my mates had it as his company car to last December and I bought it at 3 years old.

I have been rather impressed with it as at the start I bought it as a stop gap until I had saved up for a decent Boxster S but now I have just bought a New Audi TT cab for the better half and I'm aiming at the New Scooby for me.

I'm thinking that I would like to keep the current Scooby and may be run it for another few years and keep the new one when I get it with low millage - Not really sure whats what at the moment and one of the main things is keeping all the cars and Bike insured which aint no fun!

Anyway cheers for your note and for what its worth Impreza Turbos are not sold were I work in Saudi Arabia as they are seen as too fast along with Evos as well!!
Old 05 October 2003, 05:28 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Im thinking about the future here, but Im going to hang on another year or maybe two to see if maybe, just maybe, we are going to get anything like DCCD uk side before I dive in with a new scoob purchase.
Old 06 October 2003, 01:48 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I think you'd be lucky to get 10k.

Mine's a month newer and only 93000 miles, and I've put it up for £8,295.
Old 06 October 2003, 04:54 PM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

I was thinking its worth about £7500 ish but it drives so well I'm really thinking that I will just keep running it for a couple of years and then we will see, there is a part of me that thinks at some point sod it put a cage in it and have some fun at a track and just buy a new car at some point later on!!!.

Cheers for your views lads!
Old 06 October 2003, 05:53 PM
goonasuk
Scooby Regular

dont expect more than £7k from Subaru - tbh they prob wouldnt take your car to sell themselves on the forecourt cos most cant put a Subaru proven warranty on a car with >60k miles, so they buy it and sell to a smaller local garage, so u may only get £6k