Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Cutler's of Streetly - what's going on?

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2003, 06:21 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Anyone know what is happening?, as i got a letter from IM today to say that "as a result of recent developments, Cutler's of Streetly are no longer an authorised Subaru dealer" - nearest replacement is Midland Birmingham in Kingstanding.

Typical - only yesterday i had my 20,000 mile service at Cutlers (Midland Birmingham are doing a 20% off introductory deal for parts and labour )

Cutler's did say to me that they will be a full dealer again when they move to Aldridge in the next month, but the IM letter suggests not.

Anyone know the truth??

mb
Old 30 September 2003, 09:10 AM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

I only know that Cutlers are ceasing trading from the streetly site as it has not proved as "profitable" as they thought it was going to be. They have sold the site for housing development as their contract with Subaru ,like all other dealers ends tomorrow
[30/9/03]. This is due to the block exemption coming into effect, many dealers are not going to renew their contracts as Subaru UK have laid down some fairly stringent corporate image limits which all re contacting dealers will have to comply with, thus cutting the profits dramatically and forcing them into "other things" shall we say.
At present, your choice of dealers could be either Birmingham, Stourbridge,Wolverhampton or Stone, north of Stafford.
Old 30 September 2003, 10:29 AM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

I have also now been updated.......
There "may" be a site setting up, purely for "Subaru sales" but not as yet confirmed for repairs/service.

More news "as it happens !"
Old 30 September 2003, 05:18 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Boomer

Makes sense that they'd sell the premises. Suprised they didn't do it earlier must be worth tidy sum with permission for housing.

But I don't see the logic in a move to Aldridge, unless it's changed the only prestige sites would be the old Ford premises or Three Crowns which is technically Walsall.

Either way much too close to Kingstanding in my opinion.
Old 30 September 2003, 09:04 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

scoobyslut,

i actually heard over a year ago about the posible move, but i was gobsmacked to hear that they were no longer a dealer. According to Cutler's, IM refused to sign them up until they had a showroom that was up to their standards

Seems very hush-hush?

banshi,

Walsall is far more preferable than Kingstanding (despite the abundance of speed cameras )

Now all that i have to do is find a convenient local dealer who will sort out the "surface cracks" on my brake disks (after only 20,000 miles) under warranty. IM, i thank you NOT

mb
Old 01 October 2003, 08:17 AM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

Cutlers are not the only dealer that has now lost the Subaru franchise, as due to block exemption reg's, Subaru Uk have done the "royal tour" and issued termination notices to ALL dealers 12 months ago. the dealers who can afford or "who are already" within the spec they required, have re signed contracts, but even they do not know the full effects of the rules laid out by Subaru Uk as they have not been issued with a full list or statement from them.

Some of the dealers have decided to keep as much of this as "quiet" as possible, so to maintain some customer base and keep the cash flow going as long as possible. The "Aldridge site" is still a bit "pie in the sky", no one really knows whats happening yet, we will all have to wait and see.
Old 18 October 2003, 12:56 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Well i got a postcard from Cutlers yesterday.

Cutlers of Streetly Limited
We're on the move!
from October 21st 2003 our new address will be:
Cutlers
Midlemore Lane West
Aldridge, Walsall
West Midlands
WS9 8BG
01922 472250
Thank you for your custom in the past, we look forward to being of service to you in the future!

No mention of Subaru, indeed no mention of whether they will actually be servicing cars.

Still, at least we know where they are moving to!

mb