Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

ScoobySport

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2003, 08:08 AM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

18forevr have e-mailed you direct concerning your enquire ,not sure what you will read first but suffice to say we have and always have exhausts in stock what ever the demand (they are constanly being made and if there is a delay they are made within a week and the customer is always informed of this )and are ready for immediate delivery .Your credit card as always will not be deducted until the goods are ready for despatch.

[Edited by scoobyexhausts - 9/4/2003 9:10:28 AM]
Old 18 August 2003, 06:58 PM
18forevr
Scooby Newbie

Has anyone had any dealings with ScoobySport UK. I've had my order for an exhaust system in for 2 months and still can't get an accurate ship date. While Pete Croney is very nice I can't get a real answer. It's frustrating because they billed my Credit Card the day the order was placed plus I've spent $45.00 US in phone calls trying to get info.
Anyone have any ideas of contacts.
Thanks
Joe
Old 18 August 2003, 07:06 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

Pete is on here regulalry, so if you do a search for his name then you should get his email address

Just a suggestion
Old 18 August 2003, 07:10 PM
FERRARINUTTER
Scooby Regular

Wink

In all Fairness Pete is on holiday until Thursday this week; I'm sure he'll sort it on his return

Old 18 August 2003, 07:14 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

...ah, that explains the lack of email reply! Thanks; I'll phone instead!
Old 18 August 2003, 07:31 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Thumbs up

respect to Knowlsey
Old 19 August 2003, 02:55 PM
Student Bloody Lamo.
Scooby Regular

Talking

pete`s on holiday in sheerness?

Trending Topics

Old 19 August 2003, 06:25 PM
rozzer
Scooby Regular

Is Mr Croney setting up a company in Spain ?
Old 19 August 2003, 06:34 PM
FERRARINUTTER
Scooby Regular

Pete is having a holiday; I'm sure it is well deserved as running a company is never an easy task.

As far as I know it is for 1 week ONLY & he will be back on Thursday coming at some point.

Whilst everyone would like to set up business abroad, Pete of course has the business here in the UK along with family & friends; plus he enjoys the quizz nights too much in the local.

As Arnie said in T1 & T2 "He'll be back!!"
Old 21 August 2003, 12:45 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.geocities.com/harveysmith3000
Old 21 August 2003, 08:01 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

I am back from my holiday and will look into what has happened with your exhaust Joe. I'll mail you this morning.

No plans to set up business in Spain, too damn hot
Old 21 August 2003, 09:50 AM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Welcome back Pete. Don't suppose you have my driving lights in stock, do you? (YHM, btw... what's the post-hols mail count? 500? )
Old 21 August 2003, 01:40 PM
18forevr
Scooby Newbie

Pete, Hope you had a great Holiday and that you came back to good news about my exhaust. Can't believe I got a jet-Hot coated STI Up-pipe in two weeks and can't get my exhaust. Tell Janspeed it's causing international incident.
By the way - my NASIOC name is WRX 2NV if that helps you identify me.
Thanks
Joe
Old 21 August 2003, 03:02 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Fatman 762

Joe... YHM
Old 21 August 2003, 03:12 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

762? Not bad. Not bad at all
Old 22 August 2003, 10:45 AM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

removed commercial advertising

[Edited by chiark - 8/22/2003 12:38:36 PM]
Old 22 August 2003, 12:28 PM
SiW
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

scoobyexhausts

'Why not buy direct from the manufacturer ? 01268 727256.Guaranteed nextday delivery'

But you're not THE manuacturer in this case, are you?

Si
Old 22 August 2003, 01:30 PM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

We designed and built the original Scoobysport exhaust which through a disagreement (which is now resolved and they have started buying again )we stopped supplying Scoobysport and started selling direct.
Old 28 August 2003, 06:46 PM
18forevr
Scooby Newbie

Posted 21-08-2003 by Pete Croney
"I am back from my holiday and will look into what has happened with your exhaust Joe. I'll mail you this morning."

Pete:
Are you making me pay for the fact that that England lost the American Revolutionary War and as a result lost the colonies. Honestly, even though I'm getting on in years, I had nothing to do with it. You've mad me suffer enough - now can you please give me some accurate information on my 2 month old order.
Joe (WRX 2NV)

Old 29 August 2003, 07:17 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Hayward & Scott now supply direct to customers on

+ 0044 1268 727256

Ian has stock & can deliver immediately

[Edited by XtremeScoobies - 8/29/2003 9:51:51 AM]

[Edited by XtremeScoobies - 8/29/2003 9:54:31 AM]
Old 29 August 2003, 07:32 AM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Do Janspeed no longer supply Scoobysport?
Old 29 August 2003, 07:39 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hayward & Scott always have stock, the product has a superb history & Ian/Gordon are superb on the customer service side.

Also H&S do systems for the Legacy, Forrester & Sport

[Edited by XtremeScoobies - 8/29/2003 9:57:30 AM]
Old 29 August 2003, 12:52 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 months! Were you given a delivery date at the time you placed your order? If you were, and it hasn't been met, then get a refund. If you weren't, then the most you should have paid is a small deposit.

Oh well, I guess you won't be recommending this company to anyone. You'll probably be doing the opposite as it looks like you're not too impressed with the service.
Old 29 August 2003, 12:57 PM
Luke
BANNED

Cancel order and find another supplier....

Sorry but unless Pete got back to me in less than 48hours thats what I would do... not very good advertising... NO MATTER WHAT.
Old 29 August 2003, 01:25 PM
18forevr
Scooby Newbie

Angry

I would cancel and either go with Hayward Scott or Subaru NA but I've got that charge on my credit card to take care of. I don't want to wind up paying twice for the same thing. And yes I was quoted a delivery date of 5-7 days from receipt of order.
Old 29 August 2003, 02:36 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Joe

I have mailed you as I have an enormous pile of exhaust parts arriving at the start of next week.

The time period that you have been waiting is completely unacceptable and I understand your frustration. We are normally quieter during the summer months and this ties in with staff holidays at our manufacturers. This year, demand has increased rather than decreased and we have ended up with extended delivery times, in your case very extended.

I have mailed you and would begrateful if you could mail me back.

My sincere apologies.
Old 03 September 2003, 04:28 PM
18forevr
Scooby Newbie

Angry

Pete, I did what you asked and answered your E-mail. That was 6 days ago with no response from you. The only time you answer me is when I go public on the forum so I'll post me E-mail below:

"Pete,
What's the story? I E-mailed you on Friday in answer to your E-mail regarding the cancellation of my order and the full refund to my credit card. I E-mailed you again on Tuesday. As has been the usual case thru our dealings I never get any answers or information unless I call you - which is getting too expensive.
My guess is that you're not going to contact me or my credit card company until you ship it figuring that once I have it I'll keep it. That would only work if you really had it in stock which I'm sure you don't.
Please advise me if you have CONTACTED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY.
Thanks,

Old 03 September 2003, 04:35 PM
18forevr
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted on the NASIOC forum (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club - www.nasioc.com)

A good read for all vendors.
Any product supplier whether wholesale or retail receives their economic profits (fair return on capital) from providing economies of time and place (the product is available when and where the customer wants) to thier customers.

The majority of WRX aftermarket suppliers do not understand these very simple economic rules of retailing.

If you do not normally carry a product in inventory - do not list it in a way that indicates it is. For products you do carry in inventory, do not charge your customer until you ship the product, whether it is in stock or not. For products you do not carry in inventory - clearly mark it as a special order item and charge only a nonrefundable deposit until it ships. Make the deposit sufficiently large that you can either return to the supplier or sell at a deep discount without a loss.

Things that tell me that a seller is legitimate:

1. For parts they normally carry in inventory I never see a charge to my credit card before I get a tracking number.

2. They notify me of backorders and expected time until restocked and offer to let me cancel my order.

3. They clearly identify special order items. They only charge a clearly stated nonrefundable deposit for taking the order and charge the balance when they provide a tracking number to show it has shipped. Since they have charged a deposit that protects them from being stuck with unwanted inventory, they are able and willing to let an order be canceled and the customer losses the deposit.

If you don't have sufficient working capital to support your inventory, I am sorry - but it is not the customers' job to finance your business by paying you in advance of getting an item in stock. Suppliers will help adequately financed retailers with their working capital requirements. If you are legitimate and have adequately financed your business, your supplier will sell to you on account - that is where you finance your inventory. If you do not have the capital - get a letter of credit from your bank, for relatively little cost they will provide the comfort that suppliers will accept to sell to you on account. In this situation, the supplier can trust the account since the bank is vouching for you.

The above is the core base of a successful retailing operation. The customer may not always be right - but they are King. If you enter retailing that is what you have to accept.

If you conduct your business this way, customers will love doing business with you vs. your competitors, they will talk you up to no end, they will insist their friends buy from you and they WILL NOT accuse you of using your customers to build your project cars.

A note for customers. Not too long ago, starting an aftermarkets automotive supply business required large sums of capital building the brick and mortar location that they conducted business from. They had to be at least moderately legitimate and scrupulous in order to recover that capital plus a return or they were stuck with a huge sunk cost. Putting up an internet store front is cheap! Anyone can put up a site with some pictures, prices and an order taking system with little cost - do not assume that anyone who can afford server fees is in legitimate business.

I would like to hear from forum users about vendors that have good billing/shipping policies. There are plenty of threads about individual bad vendors in this area. Please do not post about them here, I want to hear about the good ones.

Vendors identified as doing it right in this thread as of this edit:

J-spec
Kastle's Korner
WorldOne
Modified Toys
Nino's
CC-B
Cobb Tuning
iON Performance

Old 03 September 2003, 05:18 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Joe

I have mailed you 3 times since getting your cancellation on Friday beach one in reply to your own mail. I am replying to your work e-mail address so there is a mail problem at your end.

I refunded your card within 30 minutes of you cancelling your order. I also explained that as we bill in sterling and your card is in dollars, there may be a small difference due to exchange rate fluctuations. If the difference is in your favour, then so be it. If you are out of pocket, please let me know and I will make good any such short fall.

A call to your card company will confirm that the refund was done at 15:29 UK time on 29/8/03.

I understand your dissapointment at how this went and a certain amount of the problem was an admin error at our end. Since Friday I have received 4 palletts of exhausts and 3 more are due tomorrow. By this weekend all customers that have been waiting for them, including our US customers, will have them.

Whilst we endeavour to always sell from stock, sometimes supply and demand forecasts go out of the window. If we then have a glitch in supply, the situation becomes a nightmare.

I am glad to say that we are over our nightmare.
Old 03 September 2003, 10:29 PM
Luke
BANNED

18forever

one of the best posts I have ever read..

Luke

Quick Reply: ScoobySport