Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Scoobymania

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2003, 02:43 PM
janne248
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Today=2003-MARCH-21

Anyone buying from Scoobymania? Anyone outside UK?
A friend have tried to buy 2 sets of Phantom Autometer Mechanical Turbo Boost gauge and A-pillar pod for LHD since june 2002. Still no delivery.
Now I have tried to buy Defi Turbo boost and Oil preassure gauges (and Control unit II) since Tuesday (18/3-03) when I called them personaly, then confirmed the order by Email. They would ship this week, and confirm by email. I have not recived any email yet.

A) How does Scoobymania treat you guys and gals? (Within UK and outside)
B) Other places where I can but the Defi gaunges, Autometer boost gauge and singel A-pillar pod for LHD.

A-pillar pod =

//Jan-Erik, Sweden. Proud owner of a MY00, Impreza GT

[Edited by janne248 - 3/21/2003 2:56:57 PM]
Old 21 March 2003, 03:20 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I believe Jerry (SecretAgentMan) is in Sweden and has used scoobymania before - ask him about his experiences would be my best advice.
Old 21 March 2003, 06:07 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

I am in the UK, I first tried to order the same gauge pod as you (RHD version) 2 weeks ago but I got "I am under a car at the moment so you will have to call back monday".
I wasnt going to bother ordering the pod but I like the looks of this one and couldnt find it anywhere else so I decided to order from them last friday morning. As of yet the pod has not turned up! I emailed wednesday asking if there was a problem - no reply! Emailed again yesterday and again - no reply! (seems funny them not replying as when I was enquiring about the pod I recieved emails from them straight away)?
I am going to be phoning up tomorrow morning an cancelling my order and I will take my business elsewhere from now on.

Anyone else had experiences like this with Scoobymania?
Old 21 March 2003, 06:16 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

I've ordered a few things from them in the past & not had a problem.
Old 21 March 2003, 06:32 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've never had any trouble with ordering over the phone, but when it comes to emails it's very hit and miss. Usually - miss.
To be fair to them, they probably recieve loads of emails.
I did think about buying a whole host of things off them at the same time and sent them 3 emails on the subject. As i got absolutely no reply, i took my business elsewhere. They lost somewhere in the region of £1k.
Old 21 March 2003, 06:53 PM
Leigh
Scooby Regular

Smile

Never had any problems whatsoever with them, but then as I tend to go in person for stuff, I wouldn't, would I?

Ring up, speak to Mike (the boss) he's a top bloke, I'm sure he'll sort you out.

(Edited for typo! )

[Edited by Leigh - 3/21/2003 6:54:07 PM]
Old 21 March 2003, 07:02 PM
janne248
Scooby Regular

chiark, yeah I will talk to Jerry and see what he says, otherwise I will do as the speaker just above suggest. Call this Mike person.
I mean June 2002 until now?? For 2 gagues and 2 pods..... and now when I try to order other stuff (And Defi stuff is not cheap either) still nothing happens.....

//Jan-Erik

Trending Topics

Old 21 March 2003, 08:08 PM
medders
Scooby Regular

Smile

See my post for my feelings. Mike has given an answer to my complaints. Seems like a fair chap, but would appear to be losing customers through bad service / staff on "learning curve"

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=189289

Too much work ? i wish I could say that

Paul
Old 21 March 2003, 10:09 PM
janne248
Scooby Regular

Thanks medders, but I have actually read your post (and Mikes) answer before I posted this thread.
Well to me it looks like they lose a lot of customers due to this "learning curve". I myself work in sales and projectmanagement (Worldwide company) and do know how you should treat a customer. And I can tell you that this guys (=SM) is a bad example, at least the little I have had to do with them.

Cheers
Old 24 March 2003, 11:14 AM
Radu
Scooby Regular

I can say that ScoobyMania's customer service was good.

The dispatch time and shipping was far more quicker than any other UK mail order company I've used...

cheers,
radu
Old 24 March 2003, 01:55 PM
janne248
Scooby Regular

I just canceled my order. They promised one week and they did not lived up to that. So ....
If I have had NO previuos experience with them I wold have given them an onther chance, but my friend have tried since june 2002 to order some stuff and have not yet got any delivery. So with that in mind I canceled. I need my Defis NOW!

//Jan-Erik