Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

TSL carbon fibre 3-gauge centre pod

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2003, 05:34 PM
darkblueturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the above fitted yesterday and I have to say, am VERY impressed.

The pics on tsl.motorsport.co.uk don't really do it justice. Despite being carbon fibre it really does match the dash colour in my MY00. And unlike just about every other centre pod I've seen, this uses the original hinges and lifts up to reveal my **** and phone, just like usual.

It doesn't use the latch to lock itself closed like the original tray lid, which can lead to a bit of ratlting over bumpy roads, but I found the tiniest bit of blu-tac on the inside of the lid at the front (so you can't see it when you open it) and it's fine.

I'll post some piccies in the members gallery (or in this thread) when I get a chance to take them and can be arsed to develope them... still digital camera-less (not spending money that could otherwise go on the car!)

The only thing that would make this perfect would be to use the locking latch of the original tray lid, but then the gauges would have to sit too high and it'd get a bit silly...

oh, and the injector purge makes a noticable difference on 30k miles. I was a bit dubious when I had it done, but pleased with the results.