Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Anybody else waiting for their Scooby from Jam-Jar Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2003, 07:57 AM
Bungoblob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I am still waiting for my WRX from Jam-jar Cars, and although it was due at the end of February, they are still saying the Dutch dealer has not got the car yet. When he does, I will still be waiting for another 3-4 weeks for delivery. Their customer service seem to leave a lot to be desired, as the phone calls are all one way.

I was told by their 'salesman' that Jam-jar are waiting on 9 cars from this dealer, so I just wondered if any other Scoobetnetters are in the same position as me?

Cheers,

Tom
Old 05 March 2003, 08:43 AM
DaveR
Scooby Regular

...not this time around, but I bought my MY02 WRX from them , the first stated delivery time was 12 weeks and in the end it was about the 6 month mark when they finally delivered...
Old 05 March 2003, 09:07 AM
dan4
Scooby Regular

Didn't use them, but the importer I used was very late with my delivery. Same story as you, that the dealer in Belgium had not received the car. It will turn up and when it does it will be worth the wait.

Dan
Old 06 March 2003, 12:28 PM
Bungoblob
Scooby Regular

Grant,

Thanks for the reply. I agree with everything you have said re. the Jam-Jar contacts!

I will try the number you have given me, hopefully I will get more info that way.

Cheers,

Tom
Old 06 March 2003, 10:13 PM
NicholasO
Scooby Regular

Smile

Grant,

Glad to hear things still on target . Had my 1k service at CVC, Cardiff a couple of weeks ago. Had quite a bit of attitude, and £150 plus for a glorified oil change.

Seemed a bit steep to me, even for a Subaru dealer. Anyway next time I'll be in your neck of the woods to see KP. He's had some good write ups.

See the following threads in the Welsh Forum for CVC / KP comparisons:

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=180203
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=180255
Old 07 March 2003, 12:05 AM
GTMR
Scooby Regular

Hi Nick. Your advice was very helpful before. Thanks for the info about CVC, hopefully KP are a bit more friendly.

Grant
Old 03 May 2003, 10:22 PM
GTMR
Scooby Regular

Tom, I ordered from Jamjar and had the same problems. I hope these are now behind me, and I'm expecting delivery of a WRX wagon in early April. I have had to wait 7 months, but my order did coincide with the 02-03 model change, which caused some confusion. Jamjar don't import Subarus any more and I think this has lead to one or two (cough) misunderstandings with their dutch agent. Also most of their telesales team is a bit hopeless, and you will need to sidestep them. However, there is good news. The dutch agent is Gertjen van der Velde, who has a good reputation. Ask to speak to Lynn Smith (01405 744233). Be nice to her. She's a nice lady and will try to help. Ask her for a cat 1 alarm, as the vehicle may not come with one. Good luck. Oh, and make sure you get a certificate of conformity, and register the vehicle for warranty with IM as soon as you get it.

Grant

[Edited by GTMR - 3/5/2003 10:35:29 PM]