Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Lancaster Pangbourne - thanks guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2003, 05:14 PM
TomCat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I'm a very happy bunny indeed!

Just got my MY99 wagon back from Lancaster Pangbourne - There were problems with it when I took delivery so I complained, eventually to their company Chairman. My demands escalated during the time I was complaining, but even so they did more than I asked for.

What they've done is seriously good customer service - all the following done free of charge:

- Reimbursed me for windscreen wipers I replaced, and cash in lieu of a full tank of fuel I was promised but didn't get

-They came and collected the car from Weston super Mare, left me a courtesy car (an MY02 WRX with only 700 miles on the clock, on their website at £17,750!), did the work, valeted the car, and returned it after replacing the fuel used on the journey.

- Replaced the front discs and pads, cleaned up the rear discs and painted the hubs of both to stop them corroding.

- Replaced all four tyres with what I asked for - Goodyear Eagle F1 GSDO3's

- Performed a full 4 wheel geometry setup

- Adjusted window guide to fix wind noise

Had a blast on the way home - IT'S A PROPER SCOOB NOW!!!!!!!

Conrad definitely knows his stuff - well done that man!!

[Edited by TomCat - 2/22/2003 11:47:57 AM]
Old 22 February 2003, 03:11 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

Question

well what was wrong with it in the first place and how did you get them to agree to all the extras ?

Old 22 February 2003, 06:17 PM
TomCat
Scooby Regular

Initially I complained about the front brake discs being in poor condition, the rears with some surface corrosion, one tyre which was a lower load/speed rating to the rest, wipers in poor condition and a near-empty fuel tank on delivery.

The dealership's first reply was not exactly helpful, so I complained to the top. This is a company with a turnover of £1.5 billion, and I got personal replies from the Chairman. He was definately concerned about the problems I was experiencing, and wanted them sorted out. During the course of this I identified problems with 2 more tyres and the tracking, so they got included.

Overall, though, they could have carried on questioning my demands but didn't - they sorted it, and I am now a happy customer and happy to recommend them to anyone

Old 26 February 2003, 08:53 AM
scooby_jim
Scooby Regular

TomCat,

Have you got the contact details for the Chairman, I have a few issues I would like to draw his attention to!

Cheers

Jim
Old 26 February 2003, 02:08 PM
TomCat
Scooby Regular

Hi Jim

Details are:

Mr Eamon Bradley
Chairman
Jardine Motor Group plc
Charter Court
Colchester
Essex CO4 9XB
Fax No: 01206 855189

You can find more unhappy owners on scooby-new's thread a few pages back. I started a new thread so the good service I got, and how to achieve this, wouldn't get lost under all the complaints (my own included)
Old 26 February 2003, 05:07 PM
scooby_jim
Scooby Regular

Cheers Tomcat

I certainly am one more to add to that list then, and that was only a couple of weeks after I got the car!!
Old 27 February 2003, 01:32 PM
TomCat
Scooby Regular

Hi Jim

Probably worth faxing the General Manager (Myles Ottaway if its Pangbourne you're dealing with) with a list of the problems, and what specifically you want done to put them right.

It may well be that after mine, he would wish to avoid any more complaints reaching his company Chairman

Good Luck!

Phil