Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

GIBSONS OF BROCK - Damage?

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2002, 09:53 PM
ScoobyBunny
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After I got my car back from its 1000 mile service done at Gibsons Of Brock I noticed damage on the trim of the driver's door which was definately not there before. When I asked them about the damage they said they had not caused it and it must have been done by the rings I was wearing - only thing is I don't wear rings!!!

So I contacted Subaru direct and they said to take it to another dealer which I did and they replaced it under warranty - with no hassle.

[Edited by ScoobyBunny - 12/15/2002 4:07:44 PM]
Old 10 December 2002, 12:22 PM
Tony_W
Scooby Regular

Question

I don't want to get into slanging matches e.t.c. I just want to find out if other people noticed dents appear after servicing/work at Gibsons.

History:
I polished my car the day before it's 1000 mile service was due. It gleamed in the sun as I admired it. After collecting from Gibsons and parking at home, I noticed a dent in the bonnet which I know was not there when I polished it the day before. I spoke to Gibsons's owner who asked me to come back. I did, showed it to him and then having asked his mechanics he stated "they have said they didn't do it...my staff are 100% honest, so if they say they haven't....sorry"

I couldn't prove they had...so stalemate.

Any one else had similar occurences? (I know of at least one more who's contacted me direct).

As I said I'm not wanting to start slagging them off, as they are good at servicing/repair work...I just want to find out if there is something we need to be aware of before taking our pride and joys to be serviced. (and perhaps we get them to confirm PRIOR to service that there is no mark in the bonnet!)

Tony
Old 10 December 2002, 06:40 PM
Nick Land
Scooby Newbie

These comments are very worrying as I'm due to collect my new Sti on Friday-keep fingers crossed as they got the full payment
Old 10 December 2002, 11:43 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Smile

I had an experiance of damage

I had asked the dealer to upgrade the bulbs in my MY01 Morrettes during a service

When I got home I noticed an inch long scratch on the bumper where the lights had been rested

I rang the service manager Malcolm [Days of Chelmsford] he asked me to bring it in. His staff denied any knowledge but he "trusted me" and asked me to get a quote. He then worked out how many Service hours that equated to and credited that against my next service.

Happy all around
Old 11 December 2002, 08:41 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

I would be concerned about getting a new age serviced at Gibsons, a few months ago I wanted to find a local independant who had a Subaru select monitor, as I wanted to test a second hand ECU I had bought.

When I spoke to Gibsons they said that they didn't have the latest select monitor cartridge for the new age, unless Gibsons have got the latest cartridge since then it means they are unable to offer full diagnostics on the new age models, I think this is very poor for a dealer who is offering to service the latest models. Other independants including Scoobysport, TSL & Power Engineering all have the latest cartridges for the select monitor.

E.