Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

I want a P1!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2001, 01:24 PM
Mickle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

What's the cheapest way to drive a P1 away from a dealer with a view to eventually owning it. )))

Cheers
Old 01 May 2001, 08:49 PM
me
Scooby Newbie

Talking

The best way is to find an ex-demo one.
These can be as much as 3 grand of list, and may have only covered a few miles. Just like new. If you buy on HP through IM finance, get the dealer to offer you the lowest intrest rate. which is in the region of 4% flat. saved me a packet!
Old 02 May 2001, 08:20 AM
Doc
Scooby Regular

Cool

Don't buy an ex demo whatever you do.

It is unlikely to have been run in properly and will have been completely thrashed.

Just my opinion.
Old 02 May 2001, 08:24 PM
Mickle
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'm in talks now with my local dealer. I've currently got an MY97 turbo and I'm trying to work around a trade in. Thanks for the info, I'm leaning towards a new one on PCP (?) and will keep you posted
Old 03 May 2001, 12:01 AM
robin lowry
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi guys.
If you look around there are demo P1 cars which have only a couple of miles or so on the clock, which in my book is brand new. These are often a couple of grand cheaper than list, and because a dealer already has the car he might offer a really good deal to shift it. If you intend to own the car outright, then a PCP is not a good idea. You will end up paying a lot more money in the end. HP is better and you can get a good rate from IM especially if you are an existing customer. I talk from experience. I picked up a P1 registered in October 2000 that had sat in the dealership for 6 months. It only had 20 miles on the clock and was 3000 cheaper than a new one! You might have to travel a bit, but it's worth it.
Old 08 May 2001, 01:11 PM
KAYPEE
Scooby Newbie

SEE THE PRIVATE ADS FOR A WELL PRICED PI AT
CONCOURS HASLEMERE