Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Rimstock Warranty Claim

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2002, 12:33 PM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I ordered a set of 18" diablo wheels with a 52mm offset through TSL Motorsport (They have been great about this and have dealt with it superbly, Thanks Paul ) about 5 months ago.

About 6 weeks ago I noticed I had lost a lot of the 'fake' allen bolts around the rim and a large amount of the clear laquer finish was starting to flake and come away. One phone call to Paul @ TSL to ask him about the finish warranty and what would happen, and I was told that the wheels would be picked up and taken to Rimstock direct when a set of wheels were ready. Rimstock told Paul @ TSL that they had stopped doing the glitter finish and diamond cut rim and had moved to an all high power silver finish. I had to wait until a set had been cast, drilled and finished as per mine.

I then took it upon myself to phone Rimstock to see what was taking so long. I was then told that because it was a warranty claim that my wheels would be upgraded to the high power silver finish, and again would need to wait for a set to be cast and finished.

These are allegedly waiting for me at the Rimstock factory now. All I have to do is get a Sales Return Number and the wheels will be picked up from my house and sent to RImstock at no cost to me. While they are there they will transfer my tyres, fit and balance them, again at no extra cost to me.

Does this sound good so far?

I was told last Monday (7th Oct) that the wheels would be picked up sometime on Wednesday or Thursday that week. Those days came and went and no show of a courier. I then phoned Paul @ TSL again to see what was happening. Paul then phoned Rimstock and told them to get it sorted asap. He was told Friday Possibly, but definately no later than Monday (14th Oct). Monday has come and gone again with no show of a courier.

I phoned Rimstock myself at 4pm on Monday and spoke to a Dave Hawsley, head of returns. He then told me it would then take three days from when the courier got the instruction from him, to actually turn up at my door and collect the wheels. So he knew, whilst on the phone last week, that nothing would effectively happen to this week. I have now been promised that the wheels would be picked up today (I cant see it some how, can you?).

So thats 5 days stuck in the house waiting for a courier thats not likely to arrive. I would not mind the waiting if I was told that the courier would not be here until next week. Whats the point in lying to a customer? Are they trying to avoid replacing my wheels? Is there warranty about as good as second hand toilet paper? It really p155es me off when the cant give you a straight answer and try to avoid paying out for their mitsakes.

I even offered to take the wheels to the courier myself. Nightspeeds Aberdeen office is unmanned and all correspondance goes through the Glasgow office. They dont answer their phone to make matters worse.

So how long will it take once the wheels do depart company with me? God only knows. I know one thing, I wont be buying anymore Rimstock wheels again, and I would not recommend them to anyone else either.

Paul @ TSL Motorsport has been very understanding through out this entire farce ( or should that be @rse with an F? ). Next time I buy wheels I think I will try OZ to see if they are any better.

Martin (not Rimstocks biggest fan)
Old 15 October 2002, 04:34 PM
Trouser @ TSL
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi mate

have to say.. Rimstock have not been their normal efficient self on this one. They have asked me to pass on their apologies for the inconvenience. I have to agree not supremely efficient or good customer service. Martin and I have both been pulling out our collective hair on this one.

Some of the mystery solved as the wheels have now been picked up at last! Hooray!... Allegedly they had the wrong address....and had tried to pick them up this morning.

So once again.. hands in the air and an apology from them..Shame it's not in person but glad we're well on the way to sorting it now

Cheers

Paul
TSL
Old 17 October 2002, 12:39 AM
RiSKy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

This all sounds familiar, I had grief with some Rim 2000's from Paul. After 5 months of hasstle i lost my temper and sent them directly back to Rimstock whilst I got myself another set of wheels. (not Rimstocks)

In TSL's defence though, this is the only problem i've ever!! had with them... (well apart from an argument we had when he wouldn't do a discount on an ITG filter, he did a group but on these 6/8 weeks later ) there Service is top. But Paul do your self a favour and drop Rimstock they're cr@p, (I bet that Dave Hausley's one busy bloke, i remember phoning him to see how he was doing with processing my wheels, he said he hadn't found them yet, as he had four plalets of returns to go through first )

I refrained from posting whilst i was in talks with TSL and Rimstock, but some day's i could of screemed (well i did!) Just try and be patient, Paul will do his best to see you right.

Cheers, Roy.