Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Samsung galaxy tab 3 problem

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2013, 10:08 AM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samsung galaxy tab 3 problem

My wife keeps nicking my ipad to play candy crush so to stop the arguments I got her a tab 3 for Christmas.

Problem is it keeps crashing on apps, you can surf the internet without a problem but most of the time when using an app it just crashes and turns off without warning.

I have googled it and tried a reset and removing the sd card as suggested which improved matters slightly but it still does it. A search seems to suggest a memory problem but there is hardly anything on it.

I can obviously take it back but as it only does it with apps I know what they are going to say.

Now I know why I love apple stuff so much.

Any ideas?
Old 29 December 2013, 10:23 AM
Dan wrx
Scooby Regular

Yeah I have the same problem mate, bought my 3 kids one for Xmas and my misses got one free with the camera I bought her and all 4 of them do the same thing, I'm wondering if it's a software problem, I'm just going to wait for a software update to see if that cures it.
Old 29 December 2013, 11:42 AM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

I bought my wife and daughter one each for crimbo. I also got them a 8gb memory card each as well.
My wifes one has been perfect, not missed a beat. My little girls one has crashed a couple of times but she's on it alot so can't complain really.
I make sure they close open apps and delete history etc which helps on samsung devices (I have a galaxy note 2).
Hold down home button, press the little pie simble at the bottom left and then click ram. Press the clear button and away you go.
Old 29 December 2013, 12:33 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by pflowers
I can obviously take it back but as it only does it with apps I know what they are going to say.

Now I know why I love apple stuff so much.

Any ideas?
Take it back and show them it happening, if the shop can stop it your good but if they can't its a perfect reason for a refund as why would someone buy a tablet purely for the web
Old 30 December 2013, 09:35 AM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Candy Crush Crashes when the internet connection is not stable. Before playing candy crush, open a browser and confirm you have a good internet connection OR Disable the internet connection.
Old 02 January 2014, 10:53 AM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Maybe try xda-developers forum for some alternative firmware?