Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Android/hotmail/outlook question.

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2013, 07:48 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Android/hotmail/outlook question.

my wife has been receiving emails fine , but tried to send a video to Facebook (via email) and it said "sending failed". This is when i get handed the phone !

so i had a try just sending a text email to my address and it failed too , so nothing to do with content.

I looked down her email inbox and one is from Outlook.com Team saying "please sign in to validate your account continue sending messages " but she doesn't have an Outlook/Microsoft account (that she or i know off) so don't know how to sign in ! Her niece originally set up the email address for her so she could use Facebook etc , but i dont know what that entailed so not sure if its a simple fix. Maybe the same password etc as her email account ? Also when she got the Samsung , i set up a Gmail account for the app store and its working fine.

-phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini
-email is Hotmail

Any help welcome
Old 21 November 2013, 09:06 AM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hotmail is an Outlook/Microsoft account.

Use those details and http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w.../outlook/to-go

Personally I have setup gmail to get all the emails from Hotmail and now I just use Gmail for everything, like I have since early beta
Old 21 November 2013, 06:03 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply .
But why would it just stop working ? Should I just follow the link to sign into Outlook.com and use her Hotmail password ? Will that even work ?

For all she uses it I might just let incoming mail from her Hotmail continue , and use Gmail for her outgoing !
Old 22 November 2013, 09:10 AM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
Cheers for the reply .
But why would it just stop working ? Should I just follow the link to sign into Outlook.com and use her Hotmail password ? Will that even work ?

For all she uses it I might just let incoming mail from her Hotmail continue , and use Gmail for her outgoing !
Yes or set up gmail to access her hotmail on a pc, then the phone will get the emails there.
Old 22 November 2013, 10:00 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Hotmail/outlook app on Android is lacking some features, better to use the browser version if you need to use it. Preferably use Gmail for everything.
Old 22 November 2013, 12:49 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Nah , **** that , I have enough bother setting up my own emails , she can just use Gmail for outgoing !

Cheers lads .