Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Panasonic TX-P55VT65B

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2013, 12:02 PM
STi8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panasonic TX-P55VT65B

Just bought one of these, and I'm very pleased with it. It has twin Freesat and Freeview tuners and is capable of being used as a PVR with an external drive. My question is whether anyone has used this function, if so is it any good - how does it compare with the functionality of say a Humax?
Also, if you have connected it, did you use the external drive recommended by Panasonic (the WD MyBook AV-TV) or some other drive?

Cheers
Old 19 November 2013, 12:21 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the slightly older version TX-P50VT30B, good aren't they Shame Panasonic aren't going to make plasmas anymore

Can't comment on the PVR aspect as although mine has it I've never tried it. It's also a bit less functional on my set as it only has a single Freeview and a single Freesat tuner (and I don't have a dish so only Freeview). I already had a twin tuner Topfield Freeview PVR though so didn't really need the functionality of the TV. Only thing it would be useful for is recording Freeview HD as the Topfield is only SD. Long term plan is to replace the Topfield with a media centre PC with a twin Freeview HD tuner.
Old 19 November 2013, 09:20 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I was only looking into this today - this site uses one from Transcend

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.ph...&id=1309266060