Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Xbox 360 on Finance/Credit?

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2013, 09:00 PM
JamesDundee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xbox 360 on Finance/Credit?

Anyone know where I can get an Xbox on finance or credit but also get a couple of games at the same time? I can do the "10 payments" thing with Currys but they don't sell games so I would have to immediately go and pay £80 for something to play. I can afford it but would prefer to spread it, and also help t credit rating etc.
Old 12 November 2013, 09:02 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesDundee
Anyone know where I can get an Xbox on finance or credit but also get a couple of games at the same time? I can do the "10 payments" thing with Currys but they don't sell games so I would have to immediately go and pay £80 for something to play. I can afford it but would prefer to spread it, and also help t credit rating etc.
you would be better off with a small loan or an extended overdraft mate.dont argos do finance?
Old 12 November 2013, 09:03 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Argos I think do 9-month BNPL and they have some good priced packages as well as seperate games

Just sorted my lad out for Christmas but he now wanted the Turtle Beach wireless headphones which will cost more than the XBOX package I've just bought
Old 12 November 2013, 09:06 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
Argos I think do 9-month BNPL and they have some good priced packages as well as seperate games

Just sorted my lad out for Christmas but he now wanted the Turtle Beach wireless headphones which will cost more than the XBOX package I've just bought
the wireless ones are a waste of money,the wire is more than long enough with the wired versions-its just a gimmick thats all..............why the **** would you want wireless ones anyway? where you gonna go wearing them? you cant leave the room or you wont be able to see the screen
Old 12 November 2013, 09:08 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by the shreksta
the wireless ones are a waste of money,the wire is more than long enough with the wired versions-its just a gimmick thats all..............why the **** would you want wireless ones anyway? where you gonna go wearing them? you cant leave the room or you wont be able to see the screen
He'll never get a set, I'm not paying for them and he'll never save the money as it'll burn a hole in his pocket
Old 12 November 2013, 09:09 PM
JamesDundee
Scooby Regular

Argos! I hadn't though of that- cheers!
Old 12 November 2013, 09:10 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JamesDundee
Argos! I hadn't though of that- cheers!
no worries dude or if your desperate there is that bright house place...........

Trending Topics

Old 12 November 2013, 09:30 PM
JamesDundee
Scooby Regular

I had considered that but then I realise they probably don't sell games?
Old 12 November 2013, 09:55 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Why not get one from eBay with a bundle of games? I'm sure there will be people selling in order to fund an xBone.
Old 12 November 2013, 09:59 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I suspect that is not an option due to the credit requirement to finance.
Old 13 November 2013, 09:12 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

I'm kind of tempted to say that you should save up, if you have to resort to credit just to fund spending £160 on an Xbox plus a couple of games (say £250 max) then you probably shouldn't be buying it.....

....but I appreciate Christmas is approaching and folk want to buy something nice for their kids irrespective of their financial situation so if you really must do you think you may be able to get a credit card with at least 10 months 0% interest? So long as you are disciplined enough to pay it off when the 0% period ends then it's the cheapest way to fund small loans at the moment. Does depend on your credit rating though.

See here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cre...0-credit-cards
Old 13 November 2013, 11:16 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Graz
I'm kind of tempted to say that you should save up, if you have to resort to credit just to fund spending £160 on an Xbox plus a couple of games (say £250 max) then you probably shouldn't be buying it.....

....but I appreciate Christmas is approaching and folk want to buy something nice for their kids irrespective of their financial situation so if you really must do you think you may be able to get a credit card with at least 10 months 0% interest? So long as you are disciplined enough to pay it off when the 0% period ends then it's the cheapest way to fund small loans at the moment. Does depend on your credit rating though.

See here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cre...0-credit-cards
If you read what the OP said, he has the money but want to build up his credit rating which is senisble especially if you can use 0% or BNPL arrangements. If often do both of these even when I have the money as that money say in my savings account, whilst not earning much interest, is a nice safety buffer if the unexpected happens.
Old 13 November 2013, 11:41 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you can afford it then buy what you want!
When you've done that also take out a small loan for no other reason than to pay back if you want to build your credit rating
Old 13 November 2013, 12:36 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
If you read what the OP said, he has the money but want to build up his credit rating which is senisble especially if you can use 0% or BNPL arrangements. If often do both of these even when I have the money as that money say in my savings account, whilst not earning much interest, is a nice safety buffer if the unexpected happens.
If you want to build your credit rating just get a credit card, spend on it and make sure you pay it off in full each month. That's all you need to do. Get a cashback credit card and it actually saves you money too

I agree that spreading the cost of something is sometimes useful but you should aim to do this in the cheapest way possible, hopefully at 0%. If you are paying interest most of the time it will be significantly more than you'd ever get on the same money as savings. Clear your debts first
Old 13 November 2013, 08:15 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

as above you should not be buying something that costs £100 on finance, if you want to build your credit rating get a 0% card and pay it off every month by DD