Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Talk Talk Broadband

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2013, 05:00 AM
Justme103
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk Talk Broadband

We are moving into our new house on 14th November, At the moment we don't have any internet set up there,

I have been looking into it & Talk Talk seem to be doing the best deal, £15.49 line rental then £2.50 for unlimited broadband,

Just seeing if anyone here uses Talk Talk & if so what are they like for speed & connection?

Also anyone know of any other good deals? Im not interested in getting a tv deal as there is enough cr@p on TV these days for free without paying for even more.
Old 07 November 2013, 07:16 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Dont do it. I used to be with Pipex that got bought by Tiscali ending up as TT. Was shocking in the evenings and their support was dire. Moved to Sky and not looked back.
Old 07 November 2013, 07:35 AM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Used to use Talk Talk and download speeds and ping to gaming servers was pathetic. The worst BB service I have ever used. Sky are definitely faster and BT even more so.
Old 07 November 2013, 08:11 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Oh and most will let you pay for 12mths line rental up front which works out under a tenner a month so a big saving.
Old 10 November 2013, 08:33 AM
jay vr6
Scooby Regular

I would have said the same as everyone above but I've been with talktalk for 6 months and its great, BUT they own the equipment at the end of my road type setup and was the only provider out here in the sticks to offer adsl2, i get a 20meg connection and it's been faultless, ping in wot is consistently 30 so pretty good. and i download all day every day and no problems there, it is unlimited.
Not sure what the customer service would be like though if there was a problem.
Old 10 November 2013, 10:34 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

That's LLU. Use one of the broadband check sites to find out which ISP's have LLU at your local exchange as for me it was only Sky.
Old 10 November 2013, 10:37 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

If, like me, TalkTalk is the only LLU provider, use a reseller like Xilo. All the benefits without having to deal with the terrible TT customer service.

Trending Topics

Old 10 November 2013, 10:39 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jay vr6
I would have said the same as everyone above but I've been with talktalk for 6 months and its great, BUT they own the equipment at the end of my road type setup and was the only provider out here in the sticks to offer adsl2, i get a 20meg connection and it's been faultless, ping in wot is consistently 30 so pretty good. and i download all day every day and no problems there, it is unlimited.
Not sure what the customer service would be like though if there was a problem.
Im almost at the end of a 2 year Business contract, and I cant wait to leave,
When working it was fine but the "when" is key, as mentioned they dont own the equipment/lines etc,
I had 6 months of no incoming calls and no voice mail,
A BT engineer told me what it was as his father lived up the road, it took them over 3 months to believe me,

The customer service staff have No idea at all,
There are better ISP`s out there now then TT.
Old 10 November 2013, 10:43 AM
jay vr6
Scooby Regular

it's probably fair to say if you have other options in your area then go elsewhere
Old 10 November 2013, 11:05 AM
sean999
Scooby Regular

yes id second that, I have home bb and phone package, while they seem to be the only provider that does free landline calls , not just evenings/ weekends, and are probably the cheapest, customer service is dire. they don't know what they're doing half the time,
direct debit a nightmare, particularly if you get paid monthly, and want the direct debit to come out just after payday. they use for form of cycle meaning the day they collect from your bank is always changing, left me overdrawn with bank charges a couple of times. rang and complained and given 3 free months.......when those months came, still charged me! too much of a ball ache to phone and argue more with them. i'll be changing when contract ends.

sean999