Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Go pro help

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2013, 08:08 PM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go pro help

I'm after a go pro but what one do I need ? I honestly thorght the only difference was the colour !

All I want to do is attach it to the car, inside and out side and press record
Old 25 September 2013, 03:30 PM
JuergenG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As always all depends on what you want to achieve and what your budget is.
The colours are the new concept for the GoPro3 instead of just continuing to sell the GoPro 1 and 2. So the white GoPro3 is actually the GoPro 1 with a new lens and wifi, the silver GoPro3 is the GoPro2 with the new lens and wifi and the black one is actually the newest version.
I got the motorsport pack when the GoPro 2 was around and wouldn't personally bother with the GoPro 1 / GoPro 3 white. The image quality of the GoPro 2 / GoPro 3 silver is much better and you get 1080p with the full viewing angle. Here you can find a video of my GoPro 2 running at 720p mounted on the center/rear seat ceiling lamp with the suction cup mount that came with the motorsport package.

So I would recommend the silver or black GoPro 3 with the suction cup mount depending on your budget. Black offers superior image quality and better sound but at half the battery life (~1h) of the silver one (1h40min to 2h). Most likely you will need to buy an additional battery for the black.
Also if you have a smartphone/tablet you do not neccessarily need the remote that comes with the black. Just use the free GoPro app.
Hint: You also might want the skeleton housing if you use the camera in the car. Helps the sound and you can always have the camera plugged into a USB charger. So no battery problems there.
Old 25 September 2013, 05:43 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I got the cheapest go pro as its still does quality video but only 5mp photos but I didn't care on that. I downloaded the app for my phone and use that as the wireless controller for my gopro as it allows me to turn it on and off and see what the camera sees.
Old 25 September 2013, 06:18 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve you any links to the go pro you have

Martin
Old 25 September 2013, 06:32 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I bought mine when I was in America as it was a lot cheaper than here But here is the model I bought, White edition. If you look you will see a wifi remote is £80 but that's what your phone does with the app installed.

http://gopro.com/hd-hero3-cameras