Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Computer automatically restarts itself from sleep after 1 minute, windows 7.

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2013, 02:15 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer automatically restarts itself from sleep after 1 minute, windows 7.

Ive never really used the sleep option in windows 7 before as ive not needed it but recently ive been watching a few movies late at night so its handy to set the PC to turn itself off just incase i nod off.

The PC has been going into sleep mode without an issue but the only problem is it restarts itself after 1 minute, the things ive done so far to try and solve this is ive gone into device manager and turned off the option "allow this device to wake the computer" for the wirless mouse and the wired keyboard, ive also done the same for my wifi adapter. None of those cure the issue.

When the PC has been in sleep mode ive unplugged my wirless mouse receiver, that didn't do anything, i also unplgged the keyboard, that didn't do anything and ive also unplugged the wireless wifi adapter and that didn't solve it either.

I'm using windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Thanks
Old 07 September 2013, 03:10 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

What you have set in Power Option(Located in Control Panel)?

I've set on High Performance personally

Jura
Old 07 September 2013, 04:03 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Is it not down to too much overclocking?
Old 07 September 2013, 04:25 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi there

What you have set in Power Option(Located in Control Panel)?

I've set on High Performance personally

Jura
I don't think what performance setting you choose would have any bearing on this issue, its set on balanced.

Originally Posted by stevebt
Is it not down to too much overclocking?
Its running stock and isn't overclocked, i don't think the CPU would have an effect on this issue Steve. Something is pulsing a signal telling the PC to restart itself, the tricky part is knowing what.
Old 07 September 2013, 04:31 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
I don't think what performance setting you choose would have any bearing on this issue, its set on balanced.

Yes this can cause this,just try set to High Performance and check advanced settings

Friend PC have before similar issue and at the end we are found this caused his Power options

Jura
Old 07 September 2013, 08:34 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Think ive sussed it.

Under the power plan if you click "change plan settings" then click the blue link which says "change advanced power settings". The power options box pops up, half way down expand "sleep" then at the bottom expand "allow wake timers". I disabled that and it seems to go to sleep perfectly now and doesn't wake up after a minute.

I tested it a few times and it stayed in sleep mode, that was one head scratcher lol
Old 07 September 2013, 10:29 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Think ive sussed it.

Under the power plan if you click "change plan settings" then click the blue link which says "change advanced power settings". The power options box pops up, half way down expand "sleep" then at the bottom expand "allow wake timers". I disabled that and it seems to go to sleep perfectly now and doesn't wake up after a minute.

I tested it a few times and it stayed in sleep mode, that was one head scratcher lol
Do you have set allow Wake timers in BIOS if not then this will not work I think

Jura
Old 08 September 2013, 11:41 AM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Do you have set allow Wake timers in BIOS if not then this will not work I think

Jura
You don't have to change anything in the bios from what i can see, i use a Z77X UD5H motherboard, changing the wake timers to disabled in the advanced power settings in windows seems to do the trick.
Old 08 September 2013, 02:44 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

You don't have to change anything in the bios from what i can see, i use a Z77X UD5H motherboard, changing the wake timers to disabled in the advanced power settings in windows seems to do the trick.
I've remember from last time we are changed allow wake timers in BIOS(ACPI Suspend mode),if this has been disabled in BIOS simply wake timers hasn't work properly

But if its working on yours without problems then forget on this

Jura