Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Nexus 4 for £159/£199

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2013, 05:56 PM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nexus 4 for £159/£199

If anyone was thinking of getting a Nexus 4, Google have cut the price significantly, down to £159/£199 for the 8GB/16GB models.

While this is almost certainly a stock clear in advance of the next Nexus phone being announced, the N4 is still a very well specified device, able to get Android updates as soon as they are released, and running totally vanilla Android is very fast indeed. £200 for the 16GB is an absolute steal, especially as the handset is able to give other phones costing twice as much a run for their money.

If you bought a N4 after the 12th August you also have 15 days to claim a refund of the difference.

Last edited by Beef; 31 August 2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 31 August 2013, 07:10 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

That's nuts! A 6 month old device now worthless second hand. Was it really that bad they had to replace it? I thought this was the best available, guess I got sucked into the marketing and bull sit from Fandroids.
Old 31 August 2013, 08:00 PM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Have you just jumped on a thread in order to spread misinformation and criticise the product even though you have previously asserted that you have no interest in them? Isn't that exactly what you complain of 'fandroids' doing to all of your threads?

I was posting the information for anyone who might have been interested in an N4, especially anyone who might have just bought one.

However, to answer your points:

The N4 was first released 9 months ago.
A handset that was under £290 when new was never going to have a particularly high resell value anyway.
Despite that, it will still have value - Galaxy Nexus and even Nexus S handsets are still selling for good money on eBay. They cost more when new, but they are far older now.
Just because it's cheaper does not mean it's suddenly stopped working.
A replacement for the N4 hadn't even been confirmed - it was my own supposition that they are doing a stock clear. Nonetheless, Nexus devices have historically been released in Nov/Dec
It will continue to get support, new features and OS updates from Google for quite some time to come
It still represents the best of the Nexus handsets, and will continue to do so until its replacement is announced. The specification is still superb, especially given the price.

No one buying one now will be disappointed - my wife has just got one and thinks it's brilliant. I'm still happy with my Galaxy Nexus, and will only replace it when the next Nexus is released.
Old 31 August 2013, 08:21 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

^ Nexus owner.

It was announced 9 months ago.
Old 31 August 2013, 09:01 PM
sovietspybob
Scooby Regular

Its bloody good value, ive had a N4 i got when it was first released and its been fantastic. Far far better than the HTC one i had before it even with similar specs the N4 is so smooth at everything it does.
Old 31 August 2013, 09:53 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
^ Nexus owner.

It was announced 9 months ago.
That's nuts! A 6 month old device now worthless second hand. Was it really that bad they had to replace it? I thought this was the best available, guess I got sucked into the marketing and bull sit from Fandroids.
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL
Old 31 August 2013, 11:00 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Bargain tbh
Old 31 August 2013, 11:08 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

i have just bought one tbh, it was either a htc one s second hand or a nexus 4, i`ll give it a go. the s3`s are too big, the s3 mini is underspecced and as for apple, they turn you into sadcase fanboys
Old 02 September 2013, 11:34 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

nexus 4 great phone, only bad thing is the glass back, it can slide off things easily (although bumper cases are readily available)
Old 02 September 2013, 12:07 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Please kindly **** off
Old 02 September 2013, 04:47 PM
chrispy200+
Scooby Regular

Really good phone but mine didn't like being in a damp pocket, not that any phone does. Bloody good phone for the money, yes the nexus 5 is looking like its going to be announced but the nexus 4 is still up there spec wise apart from the lack of 4g
Old 05 September 2013, 07:00 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

The new Nexus 4 has been spotted in an Android 4.4 KitKat video. Google have since taken the video offline. It's a very good handset, and for that money I wonder why people buy crappy budget Android phones when they can have a Nexus 4? I nearly sold my HTC One and went back to the Nexus, but the HTC has more storage, better screen and camera so decided to keep it and my Nexus is now a spare. Seems like people on eBay have not noticed the price drop yet. Second hand 16GB models have bids up to £150 with a day left. Some people are still trying to sell them at £250 with a buy it now.
Old 05 September 2013, 10:23 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

I replaced my iPhone 4 with a Nexus 4 back in December and haven't looked back. Superb handset.