Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Evony

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2013, 03:15 PM
scoobyricht
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evony

Has anybody here played or heard of Evony Free forever game?
I played it for around 3 years on and off. When i first started it was fun due to the learning curve and chatting to people. You have to train your own troops/armys and build your citys up to be strong enough to go out and attack/colonise other players, from there you can steal their troops and heros(the guys that lead attacks) As you get stronger you can join in to alliances that then means you have a group of players working together to attack other alliances to try and get dominance over the server. To make it more interesting the Evony people put citys around the place that the player can conquer and then use special powers to steal troops and food from other players or computer controlled citys. I did all that in the first few months of playing, mostly about 3 or 4hours perday and more on weekends. It can be done faster if you buy evony cents which cost from $5 upwards allowing the player to buy items to progress faster.(amazing how much people spend on a free game) All these troops that get built need feeding so the player has to "farm" computer citys and take their food. no problem when the army is small but when you have been playing for a year the troops mount up and the food bill goes through the roof. Of course this gets very tedious and boring so after playing less and less and 3 years on i decided to jack it in. Plan was to load up all troops and blow the lot on someone. Then someone mentioned about selling the account as people seem to spend a fortune on this game. so i put the account up for sale and the highest bidder got it, unfortunatly it was from an enemy alliance. Im amazed at the backlash i have had, people threatening me, coming to smash my car up and send the boys round etc, skype going crazy, facebook plastered with insults and abusive messages. quite amusing really but im amazed how a simple, or not so simple game becomes part of these peoples lives and affects them so much.

Its just a game!