Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

New Xbox

Old 21 May 2013, 04:26 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default New Xbox

Out tonight. This is where Microsoft get a chance to shine, hands down my favourite MS product ever... apart from the split keyboard but that's weird.
Old 21 May 2013, 04:28 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackClark
Out tonight. This is where Microsoft get a chance to shine, hands down my favourite MS product ever... apart from the split keyboard but that's weird.
im looking forward to this too, having a ps3 and an xbox 360 i have to say the xbox is by far the better console.
Old 21 May 2013, 04:31 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's hope they allow more support of third-party wheels.. the fact I can't use my G27 on Forza is unforgivable!
Old 21 May 2013, 04:36 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BuRR
Let's hope they allow more support of third-party wheels.. the fact I can't use my G27 on Forza is unforgivable!
Sounds like an Apple product
Old 21 May 2013, 05:03 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

With the PS4 being unveiled in a couple of weeks hopefully it will be the gamers that benefit with these two trying to out do each other.

Rather than all the bollox about how powerful this will be over that we just want a jaw dropping gaming experience with mind blowing graphics, future proofed, backward compatible. All the talk of how powerful the PS3 could be never seemed to materialise into games that made your jaw drop over anything that came out of the X-box, so lets not go down that road again MS/Sony
Old 21 May 2013, 05:35 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

By a Fanatec...awesome things
Old 21 May 2013, 06:17 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

watching it now live, xbox one is the new name.

its incredible so far!! nd we've not got to the gaming side of it yet
Old 21 May 2013, 06:36 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I can hear PC gaming turning in it's grave.
Old 21 May 2013, 06:43 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

theres 15,000 servers for xbl, for xbox one there will be 300,000
Old 21 May 2013, 06:46 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Big whoop

I think I'll be buying One
Old 21 May 2013, 06:52 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

"Available later this year" what a crock. Apple announce something and you can order it that day, that's class.
Old 21 May 2013, 06:55 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Yeah I'm a bit gutted no mention of release day
Old 21 May 2013, 08:08 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ant
theres 15,000 servers for xbl, for xbox one there will be 300,000
X-Box Live wont be free anytime soon then !.

It's a miserable looking consol imho and the lack of release date is probably because they wanted to get one up on Sony, it will be interesting to see what the PS4 has in comparison and if they give a release date, we'll find out in a fortnight.

One thing is for sure the fanboys will be having wet dreams and the bickering will go into overdrive
Old 21 May 2013, 08:35 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

What an underwhelming event that was! All the games were rendered adverts, no gameplay (could be very telling). Kinect 2 is better, but still I don't think people will buy it because of that. Some clever tech in there, but I can't see non-gamers flocking to it, SMart TVs offer alot of what this does.

It's getting a abit of a slating. MS stock has dropped, and Sony stock has risen!

Still, with all the exclusive MS have negotiated and things like COD first again, it will sell by the bucketload.

Geezer
Old 21 May 2013, 08:51 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Don't forget E3 is where the proper ***** waving starts.
Old 21 May 2013, 08:54 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I can tell you when the release date will be, end of October or start of November, in time for Xmas and a new COD game to sell it.
Old 21 May 2013, 08:57 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
X-Box Live wont be free anytime soon then !.

It's a miserable looking consol imho and the lack of release date is probably because they wanted to get one up on Sony, it will be interesting to see what the PS4 has in comparison and if they give a release date, we'll find out in a fortnight.
PS4 reveal has already happened in a press conference on the 20th of February 2013, and it was a **** poor show, didn't even show the hardware...
Old 21 May 2013, 09:37 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
What an underwhelming event that was! All the games were rendered adverts, no gameplay (could be very telling). Kinect 2 is better, but still I don't think people will buy it because of that. Some clever tech in there, but I can't see non-gamers flocking to it, SMart TVs offer alot of what this does.

It's getting a abit of a slating. MS stock has dropped, and Sony stock has risen!

Still, with all the exclusive MS have negotiated and things like COD first again, it will sell by the bucketload.

Geezer
At least they made an event ps4 had nothing to show. Watch the share price drop for Sony then
Old 21 May 2013, 09:41 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Really don't understand why they didn't show any gameplay trailers? Cgi looked good years ago, gameplay is what folk want to see.

Disappointed tbh
Old 21 May 2013, 11:21 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Peedee
Really don't understand why they didn't show any gameplay trailers? Cgi looked good years ago, gameplay is what folk want to see.

Disappointed tbh
It's called marketing.

Do you really think that the PS4 console was not ready to show in Feb?

Do you really think that MS don't have any gameplay footage to show you now?

Both companies have months of time to tantalise and drip feed us information. Advertising is all about tantalising and not shooting your bolt in one foul swoop, when it provides you no benefit in the long run, building the anticipation.

It's been accepted that E3 will be THE event that you'll start to see some serious stuff. MS knew that Sony are using this event, so they certainly don't want Sony taking all the glory.... or give them an insight into what they need to beat. It's all cat and mouse at the moment...... hence why Sony have just released a new PS4 "what it looks like" teaser trailer. Again to take some sting out of MS launch today.

Last edited by Shaun; 21 May 2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 21 May 2013, 11:23 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes you can..... you need to do some research on the net. I'm using my G25 no problems.
Old 21 May 2013, 11:32 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun
It's called marketing.

Do you really think that the PS4 console was not ready to show in Feb?

Do you really think that MS don't have any gameplay footage to show you now?

Both companies have months of time to tantalise and drip feed us information. Advertising is all about tantalising and not shooting your bolt in one foul swoop.

It's been accepted that E3 will be THE event that you'll start to see some serious stuff. MS knew that Sony are using this event, so they certainly don't want Sony taking all the glory.... or give them an insight into what they need to beat. It's all cat and mouse at the moment...... hence why Sony have just released a new PS4 "what it looks like" teaser trailer. Again to take some sting out of MS launch today.
Sorry, my bad, I'm not a marketing gee.....expert
Old 22 May 2013, 09:02 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trails
By a Fanatec...awesome things
I'm sure - but I'm already £200 in the hole with this, so another £400 wouldn't wash too well with her indoors
Old 22 May 2013, 09:23 AM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee

Disappointed tbh
Microsoft had always said it would be a 2 part presentation. Console last night, games at E3 in a couple of weeks time..
Old 22 May 2013, 10:08 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by Ant
At least they made an event ps4 had nothing to show. Watch the share price drop for Sony then
I dunno, the PS4 announcement, though odd in many ways, was well received in the context of what it will do, and they they showed some gameplay which was very impressive (of course, I have no doubt that Xbox will also be impressive). But, the look of the machine it less important. Xbox was as ugly as ****, but it sold by the bucket load because of what it could do, Live etc.

The One seems to have a luke warm reception. WIll be interesting to see what happens at E3 though.

Geezer
Old 22 May 2013, 10:16 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm sure - but I'm already £200 in the hole with this, so another £400 wouldn't wash too well with her indoors
There is no way she would even begin to believe you spent that much...bet she wouldn't even notice the G25 had morphed into a Fanatec
Old 22 May 2013, 10:18 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Zavvi had it on pre-order last night at £399.99! Erm no thanks, no backward compatibility due to complete architecture overhaul so can only play the new gen games means it's going to be a very limited catalogue for a while. No matter how good the graphics are the latest Call of Duty and Forza aren't worth £400 outlay plus the price of the games.

I know the price is a stab in the dark but I can't see it being much cheaper than that (if at all) when you look at how much the Xbox 360 was when it came out and then Kinect came along.

The PS4 holds as little interest for me too with no backwards compatibility. I own or have owned all the mainstream consoles but I don't have any plans to buy either of these certainly until their prices fall and the catalogue is large.
Old 22 May 2013, 10:26 AM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Sign me up! looks good to me, cod and forza that would keep me going for half a year
Old 22 May 2013, 11:51 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Pre-owned games and you will need to pay fee

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-for-xbox-one/

No backward compatibility this everybody expected at least me,just due different architecture,maybe at later stages older games will be ported

Jura
Old 22 May 2013, 12:09 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jura11
Pre-owned games and you will need to pay fee

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-for-xbox-one/

No backward compatibility this everybody expected at least me,just due different architecture,maybe at later stages older games will be ported

Jura
Yeah this is one of the reasons I may go back to PC gaming for a while - any previous investment in games seems to have been a waste of time if I upgrade to the Xbox One.

When they bring out Illumiroom I will be bang on that though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Xbox