ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   New Xbox (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/975396-new-xbox.html)

JackClark 21 May 2013 04:26 PM

New Xbox

Out tonight. This is where Microsoft get a chance to shine, hands down my favourite MS product ever... apart from the split keyboard but that's weird.

tubbytommy 21 May 2013 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11096224)
Out tonight. This is where Microsoft get a chance to shine, hands down my favourite MS product ever... apart from the split keyboard but that's weird.

im looking forward to this too, having a ps3 and an xbox 360 i have to say the xbox is by far the better console.

BuRR 21 May 2013 04:31 PM

Let's hope they allow more support of third-party wheels.. the fact I can't use my G27 on Forza is unforgivable!

Graz 21 May 2013 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by BuRR (Post 11096230)
Let's hope they allow more support of third-party wheels.. the fact I can't use my G27 on Forza is unforgivable!

Sounds like an Apple product ;)

Funkii Munkii 21 May 2013 05:03 PM

With the PS4 being unveiled in a couple of weeks hopefully it will be the gamers that benefit with these two trying to out do each other.

Rather than all the bollox about how powerful this will be over that we just want a jaw dropping gaming experience with mind blowing graphics, future proofed, backward compatible. All the talk of how powerful the PS3 could be never seemed to materialise into games that made your jaw drop over anything that came out of the X-box, so lets not go down that road again MS/Sony :thumb:

trails 21 May 2013 05:35 PM

By a Fanatec...awesome things :thumb:

Ant 21 May 2013 06:17 PM

watching it now live, xbox one is the new name.

its incredible so far!! nd we've not got to the gaming side of it yet

JackClark 21 May 2013 06:36 PM

I can hear PC gaming turning in it's grave.

Ant 21 May 2013 06:43 PM

theres 15,000 servers for xbl, for xbox one there will be 300,000

riiidaa 21 May 2013 06:46 PM

Big whoop

I think I'll be buying One

JackClark 21 May 2013 06:52 PM

"Available later this year" what a crock. Apple announce something and you can order it that day, that's class.

Ant 21 May 2013 06:55 PM

Yeah I'm a bit gutted no mention of release day

Funkii Munkii 21 May 2013 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 11096385)
theres 15,000 servers for xbl, for xbox one there will be 300,000

X-Box Live wont be free anytime soon then !.

It's a miserable looking consol imho and the lack of release date is probably because they wanted to get one up on Sony, it will be interesting to see what the PS4 has in comparison and if they give a release date, we'll find out in a fortnight.

One thing is for sure the fanboys will be having wet dreams and the bickering will go into overdrive :Whatever_

Geezer 21 May 2013 08:35 PM

What an underwhelming event that was! All the games were rendered adverts, no gameplay (could be very telling). Kinect 2 is better, but still I don't think people will buy it because of that. Some clever tech in there, but I can't see non-gamers flocking to it, SMart TVs offer alot of what this does.

It's getting a abit of a slating. MS stock has dropped, and Sony stock has risen!

Still, with all the exclusive MS have negotiated and things like COD first again, it will sell by the bucketload.

Geezer

myblackwrx 21 May 2013 08:51 PM

Don't forget E3 is where the proper willy waving starts.

Jamescsti 21 May 2013 08:54 PM

I can tell you when the release date will be, end of October or start of November, in time for Xmas and a new COD game to sell it.

riiidaa 21 May 2013 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 11096484)
X-Box Live wont be free anytime soon then !.

It's a miserable looking consol imho and the lack of release date is probably because they wanted to get one up on Sony, it will be interesting to see what the PS4 has in comparison and if they give a release date, we'll find out in a fortnight.

PS4 reveal has already happened in a press conference on the 20th of February 2013, and it was a piss poor show, didn't even show the hardware...

Ant 21 May 2013 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 11096525)
What an underwhelming event that was! All the games were rendered adverts, no gameplay (could be very telling). Kinect 2 is better, but still I don't think people will buy it because of that. Some clever tech in there, but I can't see non-gamers flocking to it, SMart TVs offer alot of what this does.

It's getting a abit of a slating. MS stock has dropped, and Sony stock has risen!

Still, with all the exclusive MS have negotiated and things like COD first again, it will sell by the bucketload.

Geezer

At least they made an event ps4 had nothing to show. Watch the share price drop for Sony then

Peedee 21 May 2013 09:41 PM

Really don't understand why they didn't show any gameplay trailers? Cgi looked good years ago, gameplay is what folk want to see.

Disappointed tbh

Shaun 21 May 2013 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11096637)
Really don't understand why they didn't show any gameplay trailers? Cgi looked good years ago, gameplay is what folk want to see.

Disappointed tbh

It's called marketing. ;)

Do you really think that the PS4 console was not ready to show in Feb?

Do you really think that MS don't have any gameplay footage to show you now?

Both companies have months of time to tantalise and drip feed us information. Advertising is all about tantalising and not shooting your bolt in one foul swoop, when it provides you no benefit in the long run, building the anticipation.

It's been accepted that E3 will be THE event that you'll start to see some serious stuff. MS knew that Sony are using this event, so they certainly don't want Sony taking all the glory.... or give them an insight into what they need to beat. It's all cat and mouse at the moment...... hence why Sony have just released a new PS4 "what it looks like" teaser trailer. Again to take some sting out of MS launch today.

Shaun 21 May 2013 11:23 PM

Yes you can..... you need to do some research on the net. ;) I'm using my G25 no problems. :)

Peedee 21 May 2013 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11096745)
It's called marketing. ;)

Do you really think that the PS4 console was not ready to show in Feb?

Do you really think that MS don't have any gameplay footage to show you now?

Both companies have months of time to tantalise and drip feed us information. Advertising is all about tantalising and not shooting your bolt in one foul swoop.

It's been accepted that E3 will be THE event that you'll start to see some serious stuff. MS knew that Sony are using this event, so they certainly don't want Sony taking all the glory.... or give them an insight into what they need to beat. It's all cat and mouse at the moment...... hence why Sony have just released a new PS4 "what it looks like" teaser trailer. Again to take some sting out of MS launch today.

Sorry, my bad, I'm not a marketing gee.....expert:rolleyes:

BuRR 22 May 2013 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by trails (Post 11096288)
By a Fanatec...awesome things :thumb:

I'm sure - but I'm already £200 in the hole with this, so another £400 wouldn't wash too well with her indoors ;)

Mogsi 22 May 2013 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11096637)

Disappointed tbh

Microsoft had always said it would be a 2 part presentation. Console last night, games at E3 in a couple of weeks time..

Geezer 22 May 2013 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 11096632)
At least they made an event ps4 had nothing to show. Watch the share price drop for Sony then

I dunno, the PS4 announcement, though odd in many ways, was well received in the context of what it will do, and they they showed some gameplay which was very impressive (of course, I have no doubt that Xbox will also be impressive). But, the look of the machine it less important. Xbox was as ugly as fook, but it sold by the bucket load because of what it could do, Live etc.

The One seems to have a luke warm reception. WIll be interesting to see what happens at E3 though.

Geezer

trails 22 May 2013 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by BuRR (Post 11096833)
I'm sure - but I'm already £200 in the hole with this, so another £400 wouldn't wash too well with her indoors ;)

There is no way she would even begin to believe you spent that much...bet she wouldn't even notice the G25 had morphed into a Fanatec ;)

An0n0m0us 22 May 2013 10:18 AM

Zavvi had it on pre-order last night at £399.99! Erm no thanks, no backward compatibility due to complete architecture overhaul so can only play the new gen games means it's going to be a very limited catalogue for a while. No matter how good the graphics are the latest Call of Duty and Forza aren't worth £400 outlay plus the price of the games.

I know the price is a stab in the dark but I can't see it being much cheaper than that (if at all) when you look at how much the Xbox 360 was when it came out and then Kinect came along.

The PS4 holds as little interest for me too with no backwards compatibility. I own or have owned all the mainstream consoles but I don't have any plans to buy either of these certainly until their prices fall and the catalogue is large.

F1 CJE UK 22 May 2013 10:26 AM

Sign me up! looks good to me, cod and forza that would keep me going for half a year

jura11 22 May 2013 11:51 AM

Pre-owned games and you will need to pay fee

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-for-xbox-one/

No backward compatibility this everybody expected at least me,just due different architecture,maybe at later stages older games will be ported

Jura

Torquemada 22 May 2013 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 11096944)
Pre-owned games and you will need to pay fee

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-for-xbox-one/

No backward compatibility this everybody expected at least me,just due different architecture,maybe at later stages older games will be ported

Jura

Yeah this is one of the reasons I may go back to PC gaming for a while - any previous investment in games seems to have been a waste of time if I upgrade to the Xbox One.

When they bring out Illumiroom I will be bang on that though :)