Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

So what Sat Nav is everyone using on their phone ?

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2013, 01:29 AM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what Sat Nav is everyone using on their phone ?

I'm currently using M8 on Android which has been excellent so far, good graphics, re-calculating the route is excellent, your current speed is accurate along with the estimated journey time which gets updated very quickly. The voice is ok and loud to start with but it goes very quiet as soon as a street is mentioned, its as if the road and street names have been pre-programmed at a very quiet level. It even has built in speed camera warnings, as well as voice it shows you how far away the speed trap is from quite a distance away. Its great for free though, well better than great for free.

Ive just installed CoPilot to give that a try, has anyone got any experience of this. Is it worth upgrading from the free version that doesn't have voice to the full premium version which is only around £20 ?

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 22 January 2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 22 January 2013, 07:30 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Im using Google and love it. I like the fact u can put building names in if u dont have the address such as ***** House , or ****** High School. As i do alot of electrical work in buisnesses and schools its a gift. Her reading of street names is funny sometimes eg sometimes she says '"round-o-bout" but it doesnt bother me as i dont know the street names anyway. When u get to the destination a pic from Google Streetview pops up to , which can be handy in the City where the buildings have no numbers etc.
Old 22 January 2013, 09:40 AM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Google Nav here
Old 22 January 2013, 09:54 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Co-pilot with the free years subscription to the traffic service. Very good however having had the BMW for a month and a bit I've been using the built in Sat-Nav as it seems a bit daft to use a phone based one. Nowhere near as good
Old 22 January 2013, 04:40 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Same as the others, you can't beat google maps for ease plus you don't have to enter a start destination as it knows where you are.