Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Google/youtube/android help

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2012, 06:00 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Google/youtube/android help

I'll explain this as i see it , hope it makes sense.

I had a Youtube account (with my Sky email address as my contact) and a channel for a couple of years.

I got an Android phone and at some point i was asked to set up a Google acount , which i did , and it gave me a Gmail address which i never use but its my main account on my phone.

If i try to use an app to upload any sort off video to Youtube , it askes me to set up a channel for my Google account.

I want the videos to upload to my old Youtube channel , but it wont let me .

If i try to delete the Main Account that was set up on my phone , it says it can only be done with a factory reset which i dont want to do.

If anyone has any advice on this , let me know , all i want to do is use my apps to upload to my channel that i have had for ages.
Old 18 December 2012, 06:19 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you using the youtube app? Try accessing and logging in to youtube from the browser instead.
Old 18 December 2012, 06:25 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...answer=1120835
Old 18 December 2012, 07:29 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

so i have messed about for the last 30mins and have discovered since my phone has updated its operating system it now allows me to delete accounts without a factory reset. However , now when i try to use the details to set up a Google account , where it asks me if its a new or existing i say existing . . . . . . . but it says my details are wrong !

i have signed out and back in to Youtube/Google on my laptop so my details are ok , but to be sure i changed my password and signed in and out again all ok.

So , as i dreaded , i now cant access the "PlayStore" to buy any apps or even update my existing apps ! WTF am i supposed to do now !

Last edited by CharlySkunkWeed; 18 December 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 18 December 2012, 09:38 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

i am officially going insane now. I can only get onto my AppStore etc if i reinstate my Gmail account. And im back to square one , as soon as i use any video app i try to upload to Youtube it asks me to set up a channel ! lol !