Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Galaxy S2 , google , youtube problem

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2012, 09:17 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Galaxy S2 , google , youtube problem

so when i first got my phone i signed up to a google acount. I already had a youtube account. If i ever wanted to view my channel i just logged into my youtube account and bookmarked it and saved the icon as an app. But when i try to upload from my phone it takes me through my google account and wants me to create a youtube username ! When i go to use my youtube log in (to register my account on my phone) it says wrong password etc. If i try and delete the google account (to start from scratch) its says i have to do a factory reset ! So i will loose everything just to upload to youtube ? And that may not even work !

how do i register my youtube details as an account on my phone so the youtube app works ?
Old 11 August 2012, 10:10 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I think you just go to Youtube and add your Gmail account or similar, I know my Youtube account was merged with my Gmail account.
Old 11 August 2012, 10:17 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

i gave it a try , going round in circles. My Youtube was set up with my email address. When i signed up to google account they gave me a email that i dont use , but keeps making me use it to set up a new youtube account ! Sod it , i will just plug phone into laptop if they are going to make it so bloody complicated. They are. as bad as Apple.

Last edited by CharlySkunkWeed; 11 August 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12 August 2012, 09:18 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Apple are not bad and neither are Google, it's the users. Try setting up two factor authentication on your Google account, the extra level of safety will have you tearing your eyes out.

Anyhow here's a bone Android user http://www.youtube.com/finish_link_upgrade
Old 12 August 2012, 09:37 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

that link takes me to my channel , and it has a banner telling me its already linked to a google account.WTF ? How do i log into it ? If i try to log in using google account it wants me to set up a youtube channel , if i use my youtube log in its says the username is already in use . . . yeah , by me !