Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Apple Genius Bar - Anyone used it in store ?

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2012, 02:59 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Apple Genius Bar - Anyone used it in store ?

In short the wifes i-pod Nano 4th Gen died a few months back, battery is dead, she used mine for a while but now wants hers fixed.

I have 2 options e-bay replacement battery and watch the online guide for a bit of DIY which looks quite tricky with plenty of potential for a major F-up but the kit is sub £10 so tempting.

Alternatively make an appointment at my local Apple store for the members of the "Genius Bar" to replace it, when I spoke to them they said they couldn't give me a price but it wouldn't be any more than £100 , the thing only cost £112.

So has anyone experience of the prices can't see anything on the web site although there is text in the Battery replacement tab stating "Please refer to the Repair Pricing tab on the left" sadly the Repair pricing tab doesnt seem to exist on that page and I dont think it's worth spending a large sum on.

Any advice welcome on their pricing
Old 13 June 2012, 06:55 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make an appointment, go to the store and they will tell you.

I don't think it would be that much as Apple seem pretty good at swapping things out but I only have experience of things in warranty.

Steve
Old 14 June 2012, 01:26 AM
jsh1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
In short the wifes i-pod Nano 4th Gen died a few months back, battery is dead, she used mine for a while but now wants hers fixed.

I have 2 options e-bay replacement battery and watch the online guide for a bit of DIY which looks quite tricky with plenty of potential for a major F-up but the kit is sub £10 so tempting.

Alternatively make an appointment at my local Apple store for the members of the "Genius Bar" to replace it, when I spoke to them they said they couldn't give me a price but it wouldn't be any more than £100 , the thing only cost £112.

So has anyone experience of the prices can't see anything on the web site although there is text in the Battery replacement tab stating "Please refer to the Repair Pricing tab on the left" sadly the Repair pricing tab doesnt seem to exist on that page and I dont think it's worth spending a large sum on.

Any advice welcome on their pricing
Hi Funkii,

This link will help you out.

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?pa...m&product=ipod

Regards

Jason
Old 14 June 2012, 10:39 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Jason

Many Thanks for the link

Cheers
Old 21 June 2012, 10:10 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

I had a problem with my iPhone 4 - out of warranty & I'd bought it off eBay.

They replaced it free of charge !

Unless it's majorly inconvenient, I'd say it's always worth asking.