Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iPad 2 owners

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2011, 08:13 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Default iPad 2 owners

Do they have a finite cache when browsing the net?

Can you click this link http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=238898

And let me know if all the pics load?

My original iPad will only load about half, but my iPhone 4s loads them all. I'm assuming the iPad 2 is not limited in this way and will perform like the 4s. It drives me mad the small amount of space the iPad has for this type of thing. The weird thing is I never see anyone else moaning about it. I've googled it to try and find out but would appreciate some input here.

Last edited by jameswrx; 07 December 2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07 December 2011, 08:21 PM
nicko13uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yep

Yeah - works fine on my ipad2. Thats a bucket load of pictures!
Old 07 December 2011, 08:29 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Works fine on my ipad2 too
Old 07 December 2011, 08:51 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Half way through the pics my iPad 1 jumped back to the home page. Second time I clicked it it loaded all the pics correctly... Disappointed there was no **** but hey...
Old 08 December 2011, 05:43 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nicko13uk
Yeah - works fine on my ipad2. Thats a bucket load of pictures!
Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
Works fine on my ipad2 too
Thanks guys

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Half way through the pics my iPad 1 jumped back to the home page. Second time I clicked it it loaded all the pics correctly... Disappointed there was no **** but hey...
That's interesting, my ipad 1 and my 3gs won't load all the pics. Mine gets as far as the number plate close up and then the rest of the pics are little boxes with ? In. Is it deffinately loading the lot?

My ipad and 3gs used to jump back to the home screen exactly like that but stopped after an update a while back. Is yours up to date?
Old 08 December 2011, 07:19 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Loads ok on my iPhone 4 first time
Old 08 December 2011, 07:20 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Fine on my iPad 2 as well, next time you do this use pictures of **** please!
Old 09 December 2011, 07:56 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Got one today, replying on it..

Actually had a look at the samsung but my word it was snarled up! I went out with an open mind to try others, I'd have happily gone for another make. I went up to the samsung which was in game, I left the game and got it back to the home screen. Then I swiped right to left.. Nothing happened! Thought for a split second there was just one screen, then about 2 seconds later it swiped accross to another screen lol. Did this a couple of times and said to my mrs "and that's why I could never risk another make". It was so slow, granted there was ****e open from loads of customers playing with it but the ipad2 was probably (almost certainly) more played with and had many open apps and stuff. When I tried the ipad it worked perfectly, was fast and responsive.

The samsung reminded me of an old pc that has a brimming hard drive! They probably work great (like a pc) when they're new but I'd have been pissed if I'd got that home!
Old 09 December 2011, 08:22 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

One of the things is with Android tablets is that they can truly multitask which the iPad cannot which merely suspends the app in the background. You can for example sync data, play music or movies, download content or files and load a webpage all at the same time on an Android device. I would hazard a guess that all those apps or the processes/services they were running in were still running in the background. I have a Samsung Tab 10.1 and don't have an issue with it, runs fast and is responsive. I'm not gonna say that the iPad is crap because it's not and is fast and the UI is slick, but for me there is little in the way of customisation and though it may sound cliche'd, it doesn't have Flash. Each to their own.

Last edited by jonc; 09 December 2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09 December 2011, 08:55 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, my iPad2 also loads all the pictures fine. Though I do have another problem with it in the fact it doesn't like scoobynet lol. Safari crashes frequently when replying to threads.
Old 09 December 2011, 08:59 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I have no problems at all with safari and scoop yet, am typing this on my ipad2 now, never had an issue
Old 09 December 2011, 09:06 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Yes, my iPad2 also loads all the pictures fine. Though I do have another problem with it in the fact it doesn't like scoobynet lol. Safari crashes frequently when replying to threads.
I've been getting that on here lately, never used to happen but when I reply it goes back to the home screen after a couple of sentences.
Old 09 December 2011, 09:08 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Annoyingly The latest software update has got rid of the thumbnail picture tabs in safari. Now it's got a tab bar along the top like IE, not a fan!
Old 09 December 2011, 09:12 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

I put a thread up in computer related about Safari crashing when replying to threads on here. I find it ok if you use the quick reply box instead.
Old 09 December 2011, 09:40 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

My iPad 2 loads it fine too.

Wanted an Android not being an Apple fan boy and considering them overpriced and with silly costs for additional memory, but the others are offering poorer products for same as Apple money... So it doesnt Bluetooth without Android/PC prejudice and mail client is v poor for GMail - other than that its fab!

D
Old 09 December 2011, 09:52 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

My iPad 2 crashes all the time since since the iOS 5 update and the 5.01 update did nothing to solve the problem, there are loads of reports of it all over the Internet but Apple either don't know how to cure the problem or are burying their heads in the sand.

I've tried everything including erasing all the data & settings plus setting my iPad up as a new install, I just wish Apple would sought this problem out pronto.
Old 09 December 2011, 09:53 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

The page in the link loads ok for me as well.
Old 09 December 2011, 09:57 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I bought my iPad 2 and installed ios5 as the first thing I did with it and it runs perfectly, maybe I'm just lucky.
Old 09 December 2011, 10:08 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

If your iPad is crashing then back it up, restore it and if it still happens take it back. If its sites like Scoobynet that are crashing your browser then contact the site admin. Bont bother on Scoobynet though, all mods and admins dislike Apple products, they voted on it.
Old 09 December 2011, 10:20 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Jack it's not Scoobynet that's the problem it's iOS 5 and Safari, about the only thing that I haven't tried on my iPad is an exorcism.

Mine is not an isolated problem just type 'iOS 5 Safari iPad crash' into Google (other search engines are available ) and be amazed by the myriad of posts, proposed workarounds/solutions/fixes.

Even iPads taken to a 'genius' bar are still having problems after clean installs and even new iPads given as replacements are having the same problems, and this happened after the release of iOS 5.00/5.01 - my iPad is effectively useless as a web tablet at the moment.

At least if I'd bought a Playbook I'd have saved over £250 and be able to use the web browser properly!
Old 09 December 2011, 10:23 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Oh and I've tried every possible combination of clean install / restore known to man, I've given up trying and hope for a fix by Apple soon(ish).
Old 09 December 2011, 10:25 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Could you just try using a different browser to Safari perhaps, Atomic or Skyfire for example?
Old 09 December 2011, 10:40 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I've installed Atomic web browser but because it 'sits' on the same web tools as Safari it crashes just the same way - it only seems to be when going for a normal 'post reply' on here as a quick reply doesn't crash the browser.

It appears to be a JavaScript / HTML / memory problem as the crash and debug logs all show errors for all three, it's a software issue with a doubt but I just wish Apple would sort their act out.

This is pushing me more towards a Samsung Galaxy mobile for every day it doesn't get sorted, and I've had iPhones since they first landed but I'm getting very unhappy with Apples lack of a solution.
Old 09 December 2011, 10:42 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Plus I've installed Dolphin HD as well, I'll have more browsers than apps shortly.
Old 09 December 2011, 10:48 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

It's a problem with Scoobynet. See those odd looking ads, problem with Scoobynet as well. You can't expect support for old crappy website code for ever.
Old 09 December 2011, 11:01 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
It's a problem with Scoobynet. See those odd looking ads, problem with Scoobynet as well. You can't expect support for old crappy website code for ever.
Sorry Jack but your wrong there, it may well affect all websites/forums using BB code or even JavaScript but its not just Scoobynet that is giving myself and other iPad users problems.
Old 09 December 2011, 11:05 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Do the other browsers people have tried support Flash videos?
Old 09 December 2011, 11:06 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right, trying quick reply this time.....

Jack - whilst I'm not an Apple fanboy, I do have an iPhone 3GS and an iPad2 because I thought that they were great products. However this doesn't excuse Apple of sorting out This problem.

I've had three iPads2's now - two replacements though the Genius Bar as they thought that it was a corrupt backup/restore.

I've also installed several other browsers but they all crash. If it continues I'll be returning it and going for a Samsung or similar.

Wow, and it's not crashed this time lol
Old 10 December 2011, 07:55 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

It's a problem with Scoobynet, any mods care to comment, one of your members is going loco.
Old 10 December 2011, 07:57 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

The ONLY website I have ever had a problem on the iPad is Scoobynet - everything else seems to work fine!

Quick Reply: iPad 2 owners