Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone use Tonido?

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2011, 10:20 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Anyone use Tonido?

Discovered this yesterday.

I'm looking for an easy way of being able to provide or offices and home works to access our "server" in the head office. Its not really a server as such, just a glorified NAS box.

It seems perfect for what we need. I can allow guest users and restrict each guest user to there own folders. I can provide each location with a NAS box connected to the router and I'm hoping that I can have the NAS boxes backup to our machine here overnight.

Much easier than all that pishing about with VPNs and what not. I bought some lovely new draytek routers and could not get it to work - hate it when PCs beat me!

What alternatives are out there? I didn't want logmein and GoToMyPC because I don't think they allow you to set restrictions on access.
Old 28 September 2011, 10:47 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could enable FTP on your NAS box and each user login and transfer files back and forth?

Even I managed to get VPN to work on my Draytek router so you want to give that a go again ...