Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.
View Poll Results: Will I got to Hell for not paying my Apple taxes to Mr Jobs?
Yes, shame on you!
26.00%
No, the very fact that you have an imagination guarantees you some Angel pussy!
74.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Will I go to hell?

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2011, 09:17 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will I go to hell?

I do not own any Apple products.
So, am I doomed?

Old 30 August 2011, 10:19 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

lol
Old 30 August 2011, 10:25 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Well look what happened to Adam when got an Apple!!
Old 30 August 2011, 10:39 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

didn't he get his end away?
Old 30 August 2011, 10:49 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChefDude
didn't he get his end away?
Not after eating the Apple!
Old 30 August 2011, 10:55 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Certainly life was a lot harder after the Apple!
Old 30 August 2011, 10:58 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Certainly life was a lot harder after the Apple!
But yet the Apple promised so much!
Old 30 August 2011, 11:14 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well you can't deny its great achievements one way and another.

Les
Old 30 August 2011, 12:42 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Why? Their tactics are to force people to buy their products through fear, fear of being behind the next Apple user.
It makes kids think they are not cool or worthy if they don't have the latest gadget.

Reads this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...mug-bores.html

Apple is not the great friendly company that it makes itself out to be.
Old 30 August 2011, 12:49 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Even our local councils are being suckers!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-9k-plan.html
Old 30 August 2011, 12:58 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Worst troll thread ever.
Old 30 August 2011, 01:05 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

How am I troll?

You need to understand the fact that there are people around that do not like Apple and are sick to death of hearing how f&cking awesome their products are! To these people it is blindingly obvious that Apple just have the best advertising campaign ever created, nothing more. I am not saying their products are crap. Far from it. But the notion that this company changes peoples lives and that you are some how missing out by not buying their latest product? Do me favour.

An extract from a newspaper sums it up quite well. Steve Jobs is obviously very good at what he does, but what he said when launching the iPad was truely hilarious:

'Holding it in your hand is an incredible experience,' he added.

'How directly you engage with it ... the only word is magical.'

A good email experience? Magical? how on Earth can the electronic conveyance of paragraphs, or the tapping of fingers on buttons be seriously described as in such elevated terms?

I am allowed to share my opinion aren't I? Or will Apple be round soon to ask me apologise and retract my thread.

Deal with it!

Haven't had a rant for a while so I thought one was due!

Last edited by Gear Head; 30 August 2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 30 August 2011, 01:07 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Gear Head
How am I troll?

You need to understand the fact that there are people around that do not like Apple and are sick to death of hearing how f&cking awesome their products are! To these people it is blindingly obvious that Apple just have the best advertising campaign ever created, nothing more. I am not saying their products are crap. Far from it. But the notion that this company changes peoples lives and that you are some how missing out by not buying their latest product? Do me favour.

I am allowed to share my opinion aren't I? Or will Apple be round soon to ask me apologise and retract my thread.

Deal with it!
+1
Old 30 August 2011, 01:15 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

they are good but expensive. We are already in hell I'm afraid!
Old 30 August 2011, 01:25 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

You need to understand the fact that there are people around that do not like Apple and are sick to death of hearing how f&cking awesome their products are!
This is how all marketing is. I'm kind of bored of hearing how the latest washing powder will get my shirts whiter than white or how drinking a certain beer will make me attain a classier lifestyle.

I am allowed to share my opinion aren't I?
As too am I.
Old 30 August 2011, 01:32 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Apple are in the business of making money. They are never going to succeed unless they provide a product that is perceived as value for money, on some level, to a large body of people.

My mac pro and macbook pro are, hands down, better than any other desktop and laptop i've ever had. I'm willing to pay for that.
Old 30 August 2011, 01:33 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
This is how all marketing is. I'm kind of bored of hearing how the latest washing powder will get my shirts whiter than white or how drinking a certain beer will make me attain a classier lifestyle.

As too am I.
Completely. And I am not calling you a troll for doing so!

Most advertising clearly and honestly describes it's products.
'Our washing powder will get your shirts very clean indeed when compared to the next brand.'

All well and good. This is not what Apple do. They start their ads with 'If you don't have an iPad/Phone, you can't........'. To every single statement they makie on their ads, I'm sitting there thinking, 'Erm, yes I can........and again......but my phone can do that........my laptop can do that etc.

That's my beef!
Old 30 August 2011, 01:39 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

All well and good. This is not what Apple do. They start their ads with 'If you don't have an iPad/Phone, you can't........'. To every single statement they makie on their ads, I'm sitting there thinking, 'Erm, yes I can........and again......but my phone can do that........my laptop can do that etc.

That's my beef!
What they don't tell you is what else you need in order for the content to get from the app to the TV.

Allshare on Samsung does exactly the same thing, I have it on my phone, DVD player and PC so I can stream videos, music, photos etc from my phone to my TV or from my computer to my TV or from my computer to my phone etc using my wireless network and it works perfectly and flawlessly.
Old 30 August 2011, 01:40 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I can't see why you get so upset. Apple products deliver on their promises and make a lot of people happy. If they were rubbish then they wouldn't imitated so often.

You're just a negative person, that's not bad as such, the world needs positive and negative.
Old 30 August 2011, 01:41 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Apple are in the business of making money. They are never going to succeed unless they provide a product that is perceived as value for money, on some level, to a large body of people.

My mac pro and macbook pro are, hands down, better than any other desktop and laptop i've ever had. I'm willing to pay for that.
Can I ask what in particular it allows you to do that a PC/Laptop wouldn't?
I am genuinely interested. I do actually like some of their products. I just hate the brand itself and the arrogance it can install in some people.

Last edited by Gear Head; 30 August 2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 30 August 2011, 01:50 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
I can't see why you get so upset. Apple products deliver on their promises and make a lot of people happy. If they were rubbish then they wouldn't imitated so often.

You're just a negative person, that's not bad as such, the world needs positive and negative.
Did I say their products were rubbish.
As usual Jack, you're not reading the thread correctly!
Old 30 August 2011, 02:02 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

No you didn't, but you implied it more than once.

You can't deny that your negative though, such as shame as if you got over yourself you might be able to enjoy great products that absolutely do improve your computing life. As it is you're left slating something you know nothing about.
Old 30 August 2011, 02:02 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Apple is the new Scientology; the more money you spend with them, the more brainwashed you become in the belief you'll be elevated into a better way of living and doing things.
Old 30 August 2011, 02:05 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Apple is the new Scientology; the more money you spend with them, the more brainwashed you become in the belief you'll be elevated into a better way of living and doing things.
It is a shame that more people do not realise this. In my eyes, it just ruins what could be a great company.

Jack, how the **** do I positively slate a company that I dislike?
Oh hold, there must be an app for that!
Old 30 August 2011, 02:06 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

... you might be able to enjoy great products that absolutely do improve your computing life.....
How will in improve our computing life? Certainly won't improve our wallets!
Old 30 August 2011, 02:06 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Can I ask what in particular it allows you to do that a PC/Laptop wouldn't?
I am genuinely interested. I do actually like some of their products. I just hate the brand itself and the arrogance it can install in some people.
as a photographer, my view of PCs is skewed towards editing and sifting through photos so I need a PC and, when i travel, i need a laptop.

I've worked with windows, in point of fact still do, since 1990 as a developer and software architect. Now as a business analyst. I've always had a problem with the windows architecture and I really do prefer unix. OSX is the only one that runs photoshop natively.

My laptop history is biased to a few non named laptops in the distant past and Vaios for the past 10 years. the macbook pro's screen is better than any i've had before and, this is the killer sale point for me, the trackpad is awesome. it enables me to quickly and accurately navigate all the apps i might be running. it's difficult to explain, but *i* find it a great deal quicker to navigate using apple's gestures and trackpad than on (work) dell laptop and any windows laptop i've had before.

As for the desk top, it probably doesn't do anything that a windows PC would also do. I would say that the case is a joy to work with. to upgrade ram, i simply unlatched 2 levers and slid out the processor tray to put the ram in.

It is quieter than any other PC i have used - the hard drives are, by far, the loudest component. i guess PC people can change all the fans and run a bit of software to make them run silent at 700rpm, but this came out of the box like this.

I guess, what you should take away from this, is that i feel more comfortable and productive on these machines and am happier for it.
Old 30 August 2011, 02:14 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Jack, how the **** do I positively slate a company that I dislike?
Oh hold, there must be an app for that!
I'm trying to find an app that helps me understand your response, nothing so far.
Old 30 August 2011, 02:29 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

as a photographer, my view of PCs is skewed towards editing and sifting through photos so I need a PC and, when i travel, i need a laptop.

I've worked with windows, in point of fact still do, since 1990 as a developer and software architect. Now as a business analyst. I've always had a problem with the windows architecture and I really do prefer unix. OSX is the only one that runs photoshop natively.

My laptop history is biased to a few non named laptops in the distant past and Vaios for the past 10 years. the macbook pro's screen is better than any i've had before and, this is the killer sale point for me, the trackpad is awesome. it enables me to quickly and accurately navigate all the apps i might be running. it's difficult to explain, but *i* find it a great deal quicker to navigate using apple's gestures and trackpad than on (work) dell laptop and any windows laptop i've had before.

As for the desk top, it probably doesn't do anything that a windows PC would also do. I would say that the case is a joy to work with. to upgrade ram, i simply unlatched 2 levers and slid out the processor tray to put the ram in.

It is quieter than any other PC i have used - the hard drives are, by far, the loudest component. i guess PC people can change all the fans and run a bit of software to make them run silent at 700rpm, but this came out of the box like this.

I guess, what you should take away from this, is that i feel more comfortable and productive on these machines and am happier for it.
Apple Macs have always been good at photo/video editing so this doesn't surprise me.
I quite like OSX as it goes. Only use it when at a mates house so I admit I do not have hours and hours of useage from which to form a reliable opinion. As with the iPhone, I quite like the operating system but no more than my geeky android phone. Both seem to work well.

As it goes, my friend only bought a Mac because he is an utter Apple slave. He only uses it for music and watching ****!
Old 30 August 2011, 02:32 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I'm trying to find an app that helps me understand your response, nothing so far.
Try a 'sarcasm' app. Looks like yours could do with some work!
Old 30 August 2011, 02:58 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

your computing life.

Quick Reply: Will I go to hell?