Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

XBOX RROD Deja Vu

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2011, 10:07 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XBOX RROD Deja Vu

My XBOX360 is one of the first ones made which I got in December 2005 (time flies doesn't it......?). About 2 years in and it RROD and I sent it off to Microsoft for the repair.

Last weekend its just done the same bloody thing. Now I've looked on the Internet for how to fix it yourself and I think I could have a go, although I have access to my brother's old busted Elite machine which has a dodgy disk drive and I was thinking about trying to swap the disk drive of my old machine into the Elite and use that. Anyone know if they are the same drive? and attempted it?

Alternatively I could just go and buy a new one but I'm thinking its worth an attempt and save myself a couple of hundred quid

Thoughts?......... Buy a PS3 instead?
Old 19 July 2011, 10:13 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah.... don't bother as it's knackered regardless of what some may lead you to believe. Any fix will only be short lived. Just buy another one.
Old 20 July 2011, 05:08 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

My xbox has just got the dreaded RROD so I'm just going to buy another as its not worth the hassle for the price the new ones are now