Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

MW2 hackers, !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2011, 08:37 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MW2 hackers, !!!!!!!

whats all that about? anyone else seen it or do it on here? saw it other day and got quite peeved with it.
Old 08 January 2011, 08:48 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They have been around since they managed to jailbreak the ps3 unfortunately. I started playing mw2 on the ps3 after I traded my xbox copy in for black ops. I have seen people running around with akimbo thumpers and firing ac130 ammo in some lobbies. I have also been in a few where it has asked me to enter a password at the start, but I just switch the ps3 off as i hear that if you enter the wrong password it resets all your challenges.
Old 08 January 2011, 08:54 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

could be worth knowing that password thing, is that for certain? dont understand why they can not just leave a good game alone.
Old 09 January 2011, 11:22 AM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

jailbreaked ps3`s havent been able to get online for ages since the 3.55 update so you cant blame them there only able to use local lan games

the bad news is the first custom 3.55 firmware was released yesterday by the great man geohot so its only a matter of time before someone writes a backup manager for it and the cheats are back online sonys only option is to start a ban hammer like xbox
Old 13 January 2011, 01:20 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Default Feeling somewhat violated.

Was at the start of a nice gamer of domination in Afghan earlier. I noticed some speil about "challenges" bannered on the screen, so I left.

It's given me all the titles and badges. Plus it reset all the weapons "NEW" flags other than those I'd already obtained.

I'm mightily p*ssed off. I was determinedly sticking to prestige 9 level 70 as "everyone on P10 is a cheat...?!" Well a lot are. And accumulating titles and badges legally.

Now I feel it's all gone too far. Did see one amusing thing yesterday though. An inflatable doll character running around the map "bothering" people.

I don't think I'll be playing MW2 again any time soon. It's one thing for someone to cheat and gain lots of kills. It's quite another that they've managed to ****-up my enjoyment of the game and invade my challenges.

J.
Old 13 January 2011, 04:33 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

There are videos up on you tube now on how to do all this stuff so I can only see it getting worse. On S&D the other day we ended up playing against a team of flying turret guns.
Old 13 January 2011, 09:06 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

well it happened, me and my lad got caught on one, lvl 23 at start p6, lvl 70 p6 at end, it unlocked all titles/emblems/gun cammos and all challenges, well peeded off, nowt to try for now,

prestiged again but not the same, not happy

Trending Topics

Old 14 January 2011, 08:47 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Glad theres none of this crap going on with Black Ops
Old 14 January 2011, 08:53 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
Glad theres none of this crap going on with Black Ops
Yet.......
Old 16 January 2011, 09:52 AM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

After a long spell on Black Ops I switched back to MW2 yesterday.
I joined around 10 lobbies and 8 of which has the 'Elite Mossy' hack, that allows the host to do all sorts of things. The 'genius player' I was being hosted by on one was using bullets that always hit a player. He was sat high up in the sky above the map and firing indiscriminently, but each shot was getting a kill.
I PM'd him and told him he was a muppet and asked if he was so deficient a player he felt the need to cheat, but all I got back was a 'retard' response.
He won the game 30-0 in free for all.
This happened 3 times.
I only stayed in the lobby to send annoying PM's to him!!

I really cannot see the point of using a patch like this, and I really can't see why people play game after game in this type of lobby, when the odds are so stacked against you.
Whoever released this hack has ruined MW2 forever.
Old 16 January 2011, 10:09 AM
pigSTi
Scooby Regular

If you ever find yourself in a lobby you suspect or know to be hacked I would advise leaving immediately - some go as far as leaving via the power button to be safe.

People have reported being in these lobbies and as someone has already mentioned here, having all of there challenges reset and stats all messed up. This can't be undone.

I have had an account hacked coz I wanted to see what it's like/how it happens etc. Anyway like I said, if you think your in a dodgy game - get out or risk having your accound screwed.
Old 16 January 2011, 08:33 PM
NEILLLLL
Scooby Regular

I experienced it last night . All my challenges completed and every weapon and attachment unlocked . All i want to do is play a straight up honest game without cheating but i cant find a lobby without any cheating barstewards and i dont like black ops so they've ruined it for me .
Old 16 January 2011, 08:44 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

not a big fan of black ops but all this cr@p is pushing me back to it, really ruined probably the best game i have played. why can they just not leave it alone.
what do they get out of it apart from annoying people and looking like they cant play on a level playimg field!

(rant over for now lol)
Old 16 January 2011, 08:54 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

The game earlier was pretty much impossible to play, constant ac130's firing with no reload time. I'd rage quit only to be thrown back into the lobby time after time.
Old 17 January 2011, 01:42 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Happened to my boy yesterday, he was playing MW2 on PS3, then suddenly all his classes are fooked, he went out and back in, but now he's level 70, all challenges completed and every jump takes him 50 foot in the air.

FFS! W@nkers have ruined the game
Old 17 January 2011, 03:28 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

playing the game on my gf profile and some german kept speaking 2 me,after a while i said 2 speak english as i dont speak german and the next thing i know my gf profile was hacked. shes gone from p.6 lv.67 2 **** all.shes been playing this since last yr and isnt very good at it but she was happy doing it her way.now this tit has ruined it and after sending email 2 ps network i had 1 bk saying thay cant do nothing.so as my brother is a hacker ive had him send the german a virus that will **** his account 4 good.i hate hackers and as above thay have ruined the game.
Old 17 January 2011, 08:36 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

see how he likes it lol, good to get a taste of his own stuff, if only could get them all!
Old 18 January 2011, 10:20 AM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

cant deal with them,worse then campers lol
Old 18 January 2011, 06:03 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Infinity ward released a statement recently stating this is to do with flaws in the ps3 security and there is nothing they can do with regards to patches.
Old 18 January 2011, 08:04 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

thats a load of pap blaming it on the unlocked PS3 - these hacks have been around for ages on both PS3 and x box you dont see black ops suffering the same fate (Yet) IW just need to sort there games out and make them right the first time
Old 19 January 2011, 01:44 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Glad I stopped playing it last year by the sound of all this
Old 19 January 2011, 02:03 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i gave up playing mw2 online about 3 hours after i start. i've played alot of bad company 2 so not new to online shooters. but i have never played a game with so many hackers on it. shant be bothering with it again tbh, bad company 2 is a much better online game imo
Old 19 January 2011, 02:34 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

I've googled but can only find how to install the hack, not how to turn stuff off.

My boy's been hacked and everytime he jumps he goes 7 stories high. Ignoring the all the challenges and levelling up etc. Can he turn off the stupid jumping as the game is unplayable.
Old 19 January 2011, 11:43 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default I asked

about hacking a while ago cause I wanted to play on a level playing field. I got to level 70 and started on Prestige but I have no idea what level im at now, so firstly can someone answer that question? Theonly thing I do know is that it says 200% when I initially log on!

I never ever hacked and to be honest apart from the odd game it feels like I have achieved summit, in fact in Hatrdcore TDM I got a 17 and 0 last week which had me whooping and dancing Sad I know but I achieved it without cheating and minimal camping
Old 20 January 2011, 12:55 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first experience of the hacks last night.

Ruined MW2.

I had all sorts flashing up on the screen, then it went all bright colours with "DRUGS WTF!" flashing in the middle of the screen.

When I quit out my class of weapon I was using had changed to "WTF" and my clan tag had changed to "c**t"

Some abusive text scrolling along the bottom of the screen too whilst in the lobby.

I quit out and back in, changed my clan tag and class name and it seems to be back to normal now. Don't think I will be playing it any more though.
Old 20 January 2011, 01:04 PM
michaelro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon
thats a load of pap blaming it on the unlocked PS3 - these hacks have been around for ages on both PS3 and x box you dont see black ops suffering the same fate (Yet) IW just need to sort there games out and make them right the first time
The hacks on the xbox were only really in private lobbies and weren't half as bad as some of the PS3 ones.

I think BlOps is written differently so shouldn't be affected.
No hacks on the Xbox so far, only the odd glitch (Gold Camo etc) which doesn't affect anyone.

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Glad I stopped playing it last year by the sound of all this
Shame as if MW2 is broken and the PS3 version of BlOps is broken it doesn't leave COD fans many choices....

This could kill the PS3 as a gaming console....
Old 20 January 2011, 08:34 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

it kind of nearly has for me, thinking of getting an xbox, only play mw2 now when lad wants to play ruined it totally now, they should all be banned!
Old 20 January 2011, 10:14 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

my mate does them and tbh we have only started doing it since we tenth prestiged and there is some crazy **** you can do on ours if you get 3 kills you get a helicoptor that comes out of the sky and lands and you get in it and control it lol
Old 20 January 2011, 10:16 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shawn r
it kind of nearly has for me, thinking of getting an xbox, only play mw2 now when lad wants to play ruined it totally now, they should all be banned!
dont get a xbox i have got rid of mine as there are online cheats in every game lag switches and everything rapid fire pads the lot no point at least the ps3 has limits where as the xbox there is no stopping people
Old 20 January 2011, 10:20 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by deanb1980
dont get a xbox i have got rid of mine as there are online cheats in every game lag switches and everything rapid fire pads the lot no point at least the ps3 has limits where as the xbox there is no stopping people

The xbox is a million times better than the ps3 version at the moment. I got to 9/70 on the 360 version and apart from the odd super speed lobby saw nothing compared to the crap on the ps3 over the last 3 months. dual thumpers, people flying around like superman you name it..

Quick Reply: MW2 hackers, !!!!!!!