Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Digital Camera to P.C. ?????

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2002, 08:59 AM
HGV1 Driver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I know how to download pictures to the P.C. but how do you download the moving video. I have a SONY DIGITAL HANDYCAM, which does still pictures through a memory stick and a camcorder together, i was wondering if i can download the tapes onto blank discs. Please help.

Jon.
Old 08 April 2002, 10:54 AM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Right, so its a camera NOT a camcorder ?

I would assume the camera saves the 10sec clip into an .mpg file, which can be downloaded into your pc using the same method as a still picture.

Time-wise, it may take a lot longer to transfer a video clip than a still.

-DV
Old 08 April 2002, 01:15 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Smile

If it's a camcorder it will record onto tape or short clips onto a memory stick. If it's a clip on a memory stick then the procedure is the same as for a still only the clips will be in a different directory - I can't remeber the name, but there are only 2.......

If you want to get video from the tape then you will need to buy some digital editing software and a firewire card & lead for your PC. These often come bundled and start at around £50 and up to several hundred.
Old 09 April 2002, 08:54 AM
HGV1 Driver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info, i will invest in the leads. It is a still camera and a camcorder, i can take moving film and later edit pictures from it onto a memory stick or just take still (4o pictures) photos and print them onto photo paper or send them through email etc.

Jon.
Old 09 April 2002, 09:39 AM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Of it's just onto memory stick then you should be able to do it all through USB.

Dos the camera have any other connectors ?

Try taking it into a camera shop and asking them what you need.....
Old 09 April 2002, 06:41 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

Jon,

haven't you got the instructions?

What Sony model is the camcorder?

If you look under the flap covering the connectors you will probably see a minature USB socket, which you use to connect/transfer the Memory Stick to a PC or Mac. However, if you don't have the instructions (which will explain all this) then you probably don't have the CD-ROM containing the required drivers either

Of so, you could always get a separate Memory Stick adapter/connector (USB, PC-Card etc.) from a computer shop and place the stick in there to transfer the data.

mb