Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PS2 memory card problems?

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2002, 01:31 PM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Having a bit of trouble with my PS2 memory card and I'm all out of ideas so I thought I'd ask the community!

I've been playing GTA3 for a while and last week, I loaded it up as usual and it went through the "cartoon" screens as usual to show which missions you'd accomplished as it loaded and then it went to the opening footage of the bank robbery and then put me back at the start. Any attempts to load my saved game result in it saying "Load failed! Check memory card (PS2) in MEMORY CARD slot 1 and please try again!". Card is in there and works fine for other games - trying again produces the same messge!

So, I started a new game and spent a weekend and the last week getting close to where I was in my last game and yesterday the same thing happened and I now can't load that saved game either. As far as I'm aware, I always save the game properly and in the 20 or so loads of the game I've done in the passed week, I've not had any problems. I checked the memory card using the console stuff if you start the PS2 without a disc and everything's there and all my other games work. Can't find anything on the internet about this and I'm buying a new memory card today so I can try and copy the saved games across and see if they're corrupt or not, but does anyone have any ideas of things to try?

Sorry for the long post, but I need help! Thanks!
Old 07 April 2002, 05:04 PM
Jabs
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

What Car Did You Have In Your Garage When You Saved It?
Old 08 April 2002, 10:16 AM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

I can't remember - is there a problem with trying to save certain types of cars?
Old 08 April 2002, 09:11 PM
Jabs
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

i saved a secret car once and it crashed and i had the same problem
Old 09 April 2002, 03:21 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

I have a gameshark "memory manager" and all I get is no memory card in slot 1 [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] memory manager my **** it works ok on GT3 but GTA3 it doesn't want to know is this the same card you have?
Old 10 April 2002, 09:28 AM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nah - I didn't get a Gameshark! A few people have suggested that you should only have one saved game and having others causes problems. I've now got myself a new memory card which will be dedicated to GTA3 to see if that fixes the problem. Haven't had a chance to play it since the weekend yet though, but I'll be back if it doesn't solve it...