Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Virus!

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2010, 12:27 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virus!

Gone and got myself a fricking virus!!

Its one of these bogus antivirus hijack things that has diasbled my anti virus sotware. I can execute any program to try an remove it! can't do a system restore and can't even reboot in safe mode, the option has disappeared, im guessing that has something to do with the virus.

Anyone help please?
Old 01 September 2010, 01:00 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi mate just download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this website and this link http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
And if is possible post me name of this virus,if you can
Old 02 September 2010, 08:28 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

My cousin had one the other day, wouldn't let you open task manager, or open a command prompt, regedit or anything. What I did was keep pressing CTRL SHIFT ESC while the computer was loading windows. I managed to get the task manager to open before the malware loaded, then I just killed the malware app, searched and deleted it from the registry then deleted the exe file. It was in a hidden folder aswell. They had put a shortcut in the startup folder too, which made it nice and easy to find. Tried deleting this shortcut first, but when I re-booted it appeared again. The exe file was given a number as its name, can't remember what it was, but it began with 6. The malware popped up on loading and did a "scan" on the computer, telling you it was infected with x amount of viruses and malware and you need to buy their software at $70 or something to remove it. Then while browsing or pretty much doing anything a screen would pop up telling you your credit card details were being stolen, click here now to stop them blah blah blah.

Edit: What anti-virus software have you got? I use AVG, it's free and I've never had any problems.

Last edited by Saint AAI; 02 September 2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02 September 2010, 10:34 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Saint AAI
My cousin had one the other day, wouldn't let you open task manager, or open a command prompt, regedit or anything. What I did was keep pressing CTRL SHIFT ESC while the computer was loading windows. I managed to get the task manager to open before the malware loaded, then I just killed the malware app, searched and deleted it from the registry then deleted the exe file. It was in a hidden folder aswell. They had put a shortcut in the startup folder too, which made it nice and easy to find. Tried deleting this shortcut first, but when I re-booted it appeared again. The exe file was given a number as its name, can't remember what it was, but it began with 6. The malware popped up on loading and did a "scan" on the computer, telling you it was infected with x amount of viruses and malware and you need to buy their software at $70 or something to remove it. Then while browsing or pretty much doing anything a screen would pop up telling you your credit card details were being stolen, click here now to stop them blah blah blah.

Edit: What anti-virus software have you got? I use AVG, it's free and I've never had any problems.
Hi there you go't probably "Rogue Virus" this virus nasty and some anti virus programs don't recognize like AVG,Kaspersky etc.,i recommend Avira free edition,which is much better against Rogue viruses like other.
Here is link for "Rogue Viruses" database
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_security_software
Rogue viruses are distributed via P2P,or in company with other program which you are think is free and its without viruses,if you really want something download for free(t......s etc.),look at comments or google is your best friend etc.

Edit:AVG its bad choice of anti-virus program,in piece of mind download Avira,i try before AVG,Kaspersky,NOD32 and Avira is best,recognize every malware or spyware,and have immunity against Rogue viruses aka "Fake Anti Virus"
Old 02 September 2010, 06:05 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, i managed to nail it!

I just kept bringing up task manager for the few seconds it appeared and kept closing things until task manager stayed(the virus wouldnt let it open for long). I then managed to nuke the little ******!
Old 02 September 2010, 09:51 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Will still be on your system.

Download Highjackthis, from a sauce you trust and post the log file.

Better than any anti-virus on the planet if you know what to delete.
Old 05 September 2010, 07:23 PM
skeeter
Scooby Regular

Better still, download latest malwarebytes update, log off and restart in safe mode minimal drivers. Normally push f8 when starting.

This normally stops the virus starting up. Now run Malwarebytes and what other virus checker. Kill anything they find.

Now restart normally and should be ok

S